Pufferfish

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
A buddy of mine posted pics of their rather large catch of puffers they caught at Holden Beach. I've been fishing at Mercer's and haven't seen a lot of them caught yet. Anybody else having better luck? I love to eat 'em and I want to take some to a landlubber friend of mine who wants to see for himself if they taste as good as I have said they do.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
A buddy of mine posted pics of their rather large catch of puffers they caught at Holden Beach. I've been fishing at Mercer's and haven't seen a lot of them caught yet. Anybody else having better luck? I love to eat 'em and I want to take some to a landlubber friend of mine who wants to see for himself if they taste as good as I have said they do.
Here's the pic I mentioned. Not sure what the striped ones are.

Attachments

• puffers.jpg
    puffers.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 115

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Man I have never seen puffers that big before.

we hadn’t either. There was a commercial fisherman on the pier fishing for sea mullet that had never seen them that big either. The guy didn’t make his living fishing like that, but the sea mullet bite was so good and he had spare time, so....

looked like green volleyballs when they blew up

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
I forgot to take a pic before I cleaned them but this is 8 puffers caught off Mercers pier earlier today. None of the size that Justin's were, more like chicken wing size. And check out that ocean, you could take a jon boat out there this morning.

Attachments

• puffers cleaned.jpg
    puffers cleaned.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 48
  • flat ocean.jpg
    flat ocean.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 47

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I forgot to take a pic before I cleaned them but this is 8 puffers caught off Mercers pier earlier today. None of the size that Justin's were, more like chicken wing size. And check out that ocean, you could take a jon boat out there this morning.

nothing wrong with that! We just got lucky in tbat they were mixed in during the mullet bite