Public Land Challenge?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
That would be cool. You probably don't want to walk some of those hills. There's nothing wrong with me except for being out of shape and I kind of dread it

Yep, I agree. The hills would kill me. Maybe this thing will shape up so I can get back in some semblance of shape.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I’m game for hunting anywhere in the state! I’d prefer middle of the state if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I’m game for hunting anywhere in the state! I’d prefer middle of the state if possible.

I've got a lot of people that want to hunt the western part of the state which is kind of surprising. You and ncstatehunter need to head up this way and show us how to hunt some public land.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I've got a lot of people that want to hunt the western part of the state which is kind of surprising. You and ncstatehunter need to head up this way and show us how to hunt some public land.
I’m still trying to figure out this mountain land now that I’m in Haywood but Brown Mountain area is my high school summer stomping ground. Grandpa killed deer up there way back when. If you really want to make it interesting we could head a little west over to the Curtis Creek area and hunt the Weeks Tract, what started our National Forests. And if anyone is interested and doesn’t mind me recording, I have a YouTube/podcast idea that involves hunting stories around a campfire that I wouldn’t mind trying to move from idea to reality.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Was looking at Pisgah and saw this. Cool article here.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Hell he might as well be!!! He lives there now. Idk that might be fightin words from those parts. Lol

I’ve only killed a handful up in the mtns around Mt. Mitchell and Boone area. Like I Said I’m in game for any where and company

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Hell he might as well be!!! He lives there now. Idk that might be fightin words from those parts. Lol

I’ve only killed a handful up in the mtns around Mt. Mitchell and Boone area. Like I Said I’m in game for any where and company

Are you going to camp also?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Big country in there. My knowledge of that area ends at the Caldwell county line.
But all that country between linville and brown mountain would be fair game to hunt.

We could figure out how to send 3-4 men down multiple mountains.

Pre scout would be tough to get done.
I could lead a contingent up high in Avery or Watauga on that doe day Saturday.
Or could hunt the gorge with a couple fellas.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Dang, y'all are talking about hunting the real rough stuff. I've hunted Maple Sally, around Wilson's Creek, and back behind the Oak Hill Fire department. I've never hunted off of 181 any

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Big country in there. My knowledge of that area ends at the Caldwell county line.
But all that country between linville and brown mountain would be fair game to hunt.

We could figure out how to send 3-4 men down multiple mountains.

Pre scout would be tough to get done.
I could lead a contingent up high in Avery or Watauga on that doe day Saturday.
Or could hunt the gorge with a couple fellas.
I was going to scout some tomorrow on Maple Sally. I haven't been up there in a long time. If you want to get together and look for some sign before we hunt let me know. It's not too bad of a drive for me.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I’d be driving to wherever. We’d meet with OnX pins and text i guess.

I’m half tempted to go just to meet you and learn some strategy from you on ground you don’t hunt. Lol and we could car pool. But I’ll probably be down East hunting with my buddy again