Public Land Challenge Pisgah National Forest Oct. 22-24, 2021

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I'll probably be up about lunch time on Saturday. I was going to try to be there tomorrow, but I swamped right now.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I'll probably be up about lunch time on Saturday. I was going to try to be there tomorrow, but I swamped right now.
I hear that. I should be back at camp around lunch time to set up tent and eat some lunch. Glad you’ll be there buddy
Edited to add: maybe my protective case will come in the mail for my new phone before the trip 😑

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I'm going to get up at 5:00 and leave by 6:00 to hopefully get there around 9:30 AM so I'm not half-dead when I make the buttermilk biscuits and hit the road. I only get up at 4:00 AM for turkeys, usually. Sounds like I'll still be the first one there.

Actually looking forward to not having cell service out there. It's like going back to the '90's and I love it!

All packed and ready to go. Still not in good shape, but I'll definitely be in slightly better shape on Sunday after chasing squirrels on mountains. And wore out, but in a good way. See some of y'all tomorrow and the rest on Saturday!

Last edited:

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I'm headed out now due to some unforeseen circumstances this morning. All is good, just leaving a lot later than I wanted to, despite waking up at 4:20 AM. Not going to rush. Bringing 2 coolers, a grill, and a cast iron pan and a pot to cook with, so I won't be a moocher this time. Going to stop for food and water for the weekend in Morganton before I head down to the campsite. Hope to be there around lunchtime.

Safe travels to al!

Last edited:

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
KrisB said she wanted to learn how to skin and gut some stuff....

I think its just her and Turkeyfoot up there now. We all get up there tomorrow and she'll be tired of gutting. 😳

Beautiful evening, he'll have her killing skirls all over that mountain by now 😁😂

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I'm going to try to get finished helping my mom move. She had a lot more left than I expected. Started at 8 this morning and just walked in the door. If I get it knocked out early enough tomorrow I'll head on up there. If not, I'll have to stay and help. She's has to be out of her old house by Sunday. I'll let yall know.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I'm going to try to get finished helping my mom move. She had a lot more left than I expected. Started at 8 this morning and just walked in the door. If I get it knocked out early enough tomorrow I'll head on up there. If not, I'll have to stay and help. She's has to be out of her old house by Sunday. I'll let yall know.
Ten four ol buddy hope to see you