Public Land Challenge Oct. 8-10 2021 Pisgah National Forest

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
We are planning a muzzleloader hunt in Pisgah National Forest October 8-10, 2021. We will be camping on a forest service rd off Highway 181 in Morganton. If you are heading north on 181 the road will be the forest service road past Steele Creek Family Campground with the gate open on the left. I believe this is the second road on the left after Steele Creek Family Campground. If you need help with directions let us know below. Everyone is invited. So far, quite a few people have committed. This should be a great time.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
We are planning a muzzleloader hunt in Pisgah National Forest October 8-10, 2021. We will be camping on a forest service rd off Highway 181 in Morganton. If you are heading north on 181 the road will be the forest service road past Steele Creek Family Campground with the gate open on the left. I believe this is the second road on the left after Steele Creek Family Campground. If you need help with directions let us know below. Everyone is invited. So far, quite a few people have committed. This should be a great time.
Looking forward to rolling smoke with y’all.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I forgot to mention. If you can only show up one day thats fine or if you don't want to hunt, but just want to sit around a shoot the bull that's okay too.
For everyone’s attn, I’ll prolly drive down that Saturday to a predetermined spot to meet a few others and then gather back up, hunt the evening, gather up the deer, and camp Saturday night. Hunt somewhere Sunday morning for an hour and then we all head our merry ways.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
For everyone’s attn, I’ll prolly drive down that Saturday to a predetermined spot to meet a few others and then gather back up, hunt the evening, gather up the deer, and camp Saturday night. Hunt somewhere Sunday morning for an hour and then we all head our merry ways.
I'll probably show up Thursday evening or Friday morning. I have a good idea of a place to go, but I'm going to have to invest in some chest waders. Trying to hunt somewhere new. Hopefully the water won't be too high.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I'll probably show up Thursday evening or Friday morning. I have a good idea of a place to go, but I'm going to have to invest in some chest waders. Trying to hunt somewhere new. Hopefully the water won't be too high.
Awesome. I hope it works out cuz I wanna hear about it

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Can’t wait to read the stories from this. @appmtnhntr, when we’re you doing the backpack archery hunt? Still waiting to see a thread on that as that one I should be able to do if I’m not chasing antelope or elk.
I’m gonna send out a private group convo first to establish camp sizes and where the “backcountry” camp will be and where the camp closer to roadside will be.

my camp will be at 4500’ about 3 miles from the car. There’s water close and it’s out of the wind.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Probably. I haven't been through there in a while. I think that is what Turkeyfoot was thinking. Plus less people driving through

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What’s our camp plans as far as meals go? We fending for ourselves? Community evening meal that we all pitch in for?

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What’s up with this 2 camp thing? You too good to camp with us common folk?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
My main camp is in my master bedroom in Candler. I also have a warm place to lay in Nebo. I’m camping with y’all Saturday night at Fort Hunt and Fish. I’ll bring dried meat and ammo.
For the October hunt. Pm me for details on the high country archery hunt in September.