Public hunt club

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Then you're in...if you have a current license, you've met the requirements for joining.
I started putting those stickers on my trucks to spoof the guys around here with the hunt club stickers and browning logos all over their windows. I just found it highly entertaining and made people scratch their head a bit. ? It works...

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Then you're in...if you have a current license, you've met the requirements for joining.
I started putting those stickers on my trucks to spoof the guys around here with the hunt club stickers and browning logos all over their windows. I just found it highly entertaining and made people scratch their head a bit. ? It works...

I'm still waiting to hear back from the membership committee.... I paid Copper my dues last fall and haven't heard anything since. Any word??

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
How does one get in on this club. I hunt nothing but public land or game land
For my 2 cents people are cheating themselves if they don't do some public land hunting and camping especially for turkey. Nothing like good fire frying some chicken grilling some steaks or just good old hotdogs sitting around in evening telling tales. Couldn't count the people over the years that have stopped by the fire for cold one can't say as I've ever had bad conversation with total strangers. Public land gets bad rap but that's OK with me more places for me to hunt

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The membership fee isn't bad at all, but the initiation ritual at the meeting can be pretty brutal. Just don't look the goat in the eye and you'll be ok.
True there is not learning curve as your not just battling the animals but also other people often strangers and beginner hunters. Takes lot patience and understanding

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You can join my club..........it's all the land between these signs and the dues are only $ten thousand million dollars!!

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I'm still waiting to hear back from the membership committee.... I paid Copper my dues last fall and haven't heard anything since. Any word??

The PLHC co-president Turkeyfoot is correct. It got spent on beer, hotdogs and beans for the annual campfire members meeting. Transparency is the best policy here, your dues for 2019-20 are hearby waived. ?

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
ok thanks. I'm still new and learning. Thanks to this forum I have gotten alot of info. Hope to get a turkey this season on publicl land.

Go get 'em bud. Learn your area, scout smart and be where gobblers want to be and you'll be fine.
I don't care about people, I dont care about pressure. 90% of the folks on public are walking about blindly. They try every trick in their bag to call birds to where they want them to be. Its the opposite, find where he wants to be, to do his dance and be there waiting to punch his ticket. Hens know where that spot is also, and your calling from there only increases your odds. It all sounds natural...natural is good. Be smarter than that other 90% and public land can produce just as good as any private spot you could sit on. Welcome to the club.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I've hunted my fair share of public land in a couple of states and can say that I've encountered very few other hunters. I don't deer hunt from land so maybe that accounts for lack of sightings but I've never found the land to be "crowded"....
My last trip to WI for grouse we hunted for 4 days and never did see anyone in the woods, only tire tracks where they had pulled off the road.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
True there is not learning curve as your not just battling the animals but also other people often strangers and beginner hunters. Takes lot patience and understanding

heck,,,sounds like most hunt club land I hunt,,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've hunted my fair share of public land in a couple of states and can say that I've encountered very few other hunters. I don't deer hunt from land so maybe that accounts for lack of sightings but I've never found the land to be "crowded"....
My last trip to WI for grouse we hunted for 4 days and never did see anyone in the woods, only tire tracks where they had pulled off the road.

ditto,,,,here in NC I guess I get lucky that way (well except Fort Bragg,,,that place gets CROWDED)