Public Hearing Jan 8th Dublin NC

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Wildlife Commission to hold Public Hearing in Dublin on Jan. 8
  • 2 January 2019
  • Number of views: 18

DUBLIN, N.C. (Jan. 2, 2019) — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission will conduct a public hearing in Dublin on Jan. 8 at 7 p.m. to take comments on proposed changes to agency regulations related to enforcement, wildlife management, inland fisheries and game lands for the 2019-2020 seasons. The public hearing will be held at the Bladen Community College auditorium located at 7418 N.C. 41 West in Dublin.
The comment period for the proposed regulations will run through Feb. 1, 2019. More information on all of the proposed regulations for the 2019-20 seasons can be found in the 2019-2020 Public Hearing Booklet. Comments on the proposed changes may be submitted online, at the public hearing, emailed (including full name and address) to regulations@ncwildlife.org or mailed to:
Rules Coordinator
N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission
1701 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, N.C. 27699-1701
After collecting and considering all public comments, the wildlife commissioners will meet in February to decide whether to adopt the proposals. Approved proposals will take effect Aug. 1, 2019.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Nope, the common knowledge when I was there they were just done to stay in compliance and give some appearance of appeasement.

An agency is not required to hold a public hearing under the Administrative Procedures Act (APA) but if a person requests a hearing during the comment period, the agency needs to renotice which will cause delays. It's safer to just hold hearings. A comment received at a public hearing should not be given an extra relevance because it was done at the hearing instead of submitted online. My preference is email comments because they're in written form which are easy to include in a hearing record. People that comment at hearings don't always bring written comments so you have to go to the recording and transcribe it.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The vast majority of changes generate little to no opposition.
No, because the majority have no clue, heck they have no clue of the regs as witnessed by all the is this, can I and do they questions on the .net forums and FB pages.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I've been to a couple hearings.

Nobody at either commented on any proposed fishing changes.

eajusc

Button Buck
No. CRC's post had a link to the proposed changes.
https://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/ProposedRegulations/PubHearBook_2019_FINAL.pdf

If you look under G14 on page 19, you can see the WRC is being pretty clear that Sunday hunting is not coming to game lands.
If you look at page 9 of the PDF I've linked it looks as though Sunday hunting on limited game lands is up for debate. Though admittedly looking at the proposed changes in CRC's link makes me thing that might not be the case.

Any thoughts?

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/ProposedRegulations/LAWA-Fiscal-Notes.pdf

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The public hearings are even more useless than the comment periods. They've already decided what they're gonna do....

Except the public hearings last year proved that wrong.

Hunters opposed most of the proposed deer season changes and they were not enacted

I've also seen them back down on alligator hunting when biologists came out against the original alligator hunting proposal.

So yeah the commission occasionally backs down.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
If you look at page 9 of the PDF I've linked it looks as though Sunday hunting on limited game lands is up for debate. Though admittedly looking at the proposed changes in CRC's link makes me thing that might not be the case.

Any thoughts?

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/ProposedRegulations/LAWA-Fiscal-Notes.pdf

I'll venture a guess............ What you linked were the Fiscal Notes, which, since there is no date associated with it, would lead one to believe that the document was generated for the Commission for consideration and was done prior to the final, published recommendations which CRC linked. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but you asked and that's my take on it. I saw nothing in the agenda for the public hearings which indicated any Sunday hunting on game lands is being recommended.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Sunday hunting on game lands was rejected for a second time after people opposed it. It is NOT being considered at the public hearings.

So another example of the WRC backing down and not doing what they are going to do no matter what.