Prescribed burning

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Tell me about it... I've got over 1000 acres on the books and it rains a few times a week.. as soon as it gets close to drying out it rains again... maybe March will be more cooperative.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tell me about it... I've got over 1000 acres on the books and it rains a few times a week.. as soon as it gets close to drying out it rains again... maybe March will be more cooperative.

I’ve seen you say before what your profession is, but what is it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hate it for you guys working for the Forestry service that has to do Spring burns.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
There was an unintentional burn where I hunt, wind blew power line down Friday night. I discovered it Saturday but only burned a couple acres unfortunately.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
based on the firelines cut in my little area, once they ever get to burning I won't be able to see for a week!!

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Contractor got a local stand of young longleaf burned yesterday. Conditions were just about perfect, as even briers and Sericea lespedeza were consumed in most areas. May have a little damage to "runt" longleaf that were slow to get out of the grass stage, but overall everything is ready to green-up and longleaf should jump this summer. Hope the Forest Service will be able to get to an additional 100+ acres Friday or next week.

Attachments

• IMG_20180305_133524097.jpg
    IMG_20180305_133524097.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20180305_130457601.jpg
    IMG_20180305_130457601.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 122

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Several acres of dead fescue got burned nearby today. Looking forward to seeing what shows up out of the seed bank.

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_124249726[1].jpg
    IMG_20180316_124249726[1].jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 91

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like we going to have some burning going on down at the hunt club in Scotland county in the next few weeks.....
Should make for some interesting turkey hunting.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
The turkeys love it. One of our best years was the last time they burned.
Looks like we going to have some burning going on down at the hunt club in Scotland county in the next few weeks.....
Should make for some interesting turkey hunting.