Predator!!

drhunter1

Four Pointer
I was sitting in my tree a few years ago when I caught movement on my left side. It was a large bobcat sneaking up on the squirrels about 35 yards below me. As much as I wanted to see him take one, I was afraid he would snatch one and run off before I could get a shot. So I shot him as he was crouched and sneaking toward the squirrels. I figured I was saving a few fawns. What made it even better was I had shot a coyote that morning form the same tree. Although I didn't get a deer that day I was pretty happy. (This year with so many squirrels I may would have let him go ahead and take a few!)

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
A couple of years ago I watched a young bobcat come up below me as I was hunting from a deer stand. I had seen a ground squirrel carry off a dozen mouth fulls of corn. I saw the bobcat crouch down as it saw the squirrel coming down a small pole laying on the ground. But the cat was over anxious/inexperienced and pounced to soon missing the chipmunk. The race was on and the chipmunk jumped up on the side of a tree. I thing it would have been safe if it had gone up the tree but instead it jumped off and kept running on the ground. The cat leaped and caught it, carried it over on a stump and proceeded to have supper. And I let it walk off afterwards, probably shouldn't have..