Prayers for Tehilla

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Hi, everyone,

This is the hardest prayer request I've ever had to write. I lived in Israel for 2 years (2012-2014) and made some great friends when I was there. I've kept up with some of them via Facebook. One couple I know has a seven-year-old daughter named Tehilla (teh-hee-la), who was born with a congenital heart defect. She had multiple surgeries when she was a baby to make her heart able to function properly.

Tehilla seemed to be doing really well from what I read of her mother's posts over the years on Facebook. Then her mother recently updated a blog/Facebook page she had used years ago to journal her daughter's progress when she was little. She updated it again yesterday and the news was not good at all.

She said Tehilla has been having symptoms that things are not right and so she had a major heart and lung functionality and stress test yesterday at the only medical center in all of Israel that provides that kind of test. They will have the final results in 3 weeks, but it's looking really serious. They are trying to just enjoy as much fun time as they can right now and just focus on being together. They went to the beach before and after the test yesterday with the cardiology team's blessing.

Tehilla means "praise" in Hebrew. Her parents gave her that name as a testament to the fact that she is a living miracle. She is also a very sweet, audacious, precocious, and hilarious little girl from what I've seen of her mother's Facebook posts about her and pictures of her.

If you can send up some prayers for Tehilla, it would be greatly appreciated. I will update this thread as much as I can, with her parents' permission.

Last edited:

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Hi, everyone,

This is the hardest prayer request I've ever had to write. I lived in Israel for 2 years (2012-2014) and made some great friends when I was there. I've kept up with some of them via Facebook. One couple I know has a seven-year-old daughter named Tehilla (teh-hee-la), who was born with a congenital heart defect: hypoplastic left heart syndrome (LHHS). She had multiple surgeries when she was a baby to make her heart able to function properly.

Tehilla seemed to be doing really well from what I read of her mother's posts over the years on Facebook. Then her mother recently updated a blog/Facebook page she had used years ago to journal her daughter's progress when she was little. She updated it again yesterday and the news was not good at all.

She said Tehilla has been having symptoms that things are not right and so she had a major heart and lung and stress test yesterday at the only medical center in all of Israel that provides that kind of test. The initial results look very bad. She said Tehilla's heart rate dropped to 48 during the test and she almost passed out. Her oxygen saturation is not good. They will have the final results in 3 weeks, but it's looking really serious. They are trying to just enjoy as much fun time as they can right now and just focus on being together. They went to the beach before and after the test yesterday with the cardiology team's blessing.

Tehilla means "praise" in Hebrew. Her parents gave her that name as a testament to God's goodness if she survived her very delicate heart surgeries when she was a baby. She is a living miracle and a very sweet, audacious, precocious, and hilarious child from what I've seen of her mother's Facebook posts about her and pictures of her.

If you can send up some prayers for Tehilla, it would be greatly appreciated. I will update this thread as much as I can.
Prayers!

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Tehilla's mom posted an update this morning. Her cardiac team at the hospital where they live has scheduled her for a procedure on Monday, Aug. 9th. They will go to the hospital the day before to prepare. The cardiac team is trying to avoid surgery, if possible.

She appreciates all the prayers, kind acts, and positive thoughts and energy people are sending. Please keep them coming! Thank you so much, you guys!

Last edited:

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Update: Tehilla's procedure went very well today, thank God! Huge thank you to everyone for all your prayers! I know they were heard and helped today! Thank God, thank the medical team, and thank you to all of you!