Prayers for Florida

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've got some family members who live on the gulf coast. Some have already lost their power. This looks like a big storm

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got some family members who live on the gulf coast. Some have already lost their power. This looks like a big storm
Looks terrible…saw a report that it’s moving so slow (10mph) that the Tampa / coastal area could get 20” of rain !

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup they are in Ft Myers and that is where they are predicting landfall will be. A few years ago they got nailed and I loaded my truck up with supplies and headed down there. Hopefully that won't be needed this time ..... I head North for moose hunt in a few days.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
in-laws are north of Tampa. eek.

Looks like they are predicting Ian to slice Fla, hit the Atlantic then pull a hook into Savannah now.

venom17

Six Pointer
Daughter got here yesterday morning from St Pete. Husband evac to Melbourne per commands guidance. Now they are stuck in a hotel without power already. Predicted 8-10ft surge in T Bay. So glad she is here and not there. Prayers to all who did not leave.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My brother lives outside of fort Myers at 7am the water was already 20 ft out of the canal behind his house. Lots of wind and rain. At noontime the water had come up even more. Trees have been snapping but they still had power.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone caught in this storm.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Definately praying for them that looks be mess for sure my aunt and uncle live in Clearwater they gonna get hit hard looks like

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Fortunately my family is snowbirds. My mother's place in Naples didn't suffer any visible damage. If the power is out for an extended time, she may face a mess in the refrigerator when she gets there in October.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup I haven't got any updates from my brother and family down there. Last night we got word that an oak tree came down partially striking his roof. Waiting for day light to see about damage..... so I guess it must of been minor. Cell service is difficult to get in that area but hopefully as day goes on it will get better

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My neighbor 2 doors down moved to Ft Myers’s last Friday the 23rd. He’s been a great neighbor - I hated to see him go but he was following God’s leading there.

I sent him a text Friday morning. He didn’t read it till Saturday morning. Seeing he got it, I sent him another one , worried about him and wife and kids.

Don’t know if he’s renting, bought a house, staying with family or friends - nothing.

He replied back to that second test. It was bone-chilling.

I’ll summarize.
“We almost died. It was worse than the worst horror movie you have seen, swimming and wading in rising water with 155 mph winds. We had to be rescued after daylight. We made it to Higher Ground - God saved us! We are safe!”

God sent him there and kept him. Honestly fighting back tears now.

Pray for Donnie and his family.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There are some horrific stories as well as blessings coming out of Florida. My folks were extremely blessed no significant damage to the homes. Nephew who keeps bees lost all his hives which is tough. They are still without power ..... jobs forsome are up in the air because everything was wiped out. Keep the area and the folks down there in prayers many lost everything.