Prayers for a friend.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
My best friend,who is closer to me than most of my family is having a tough time. He has been on a constant deployment rotation for the past 9-10 years. He and is wife had a still born child while he was on his last deployment (which from what I gathered from his dad was a bad one). He is for lack of a better word burned out. Any prayers/adive on how I can help him would be appreciated.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry to hear of this happening to anyone, but especially one of our fighting men who already have enough on their plate. As far as advice, I'd say be there for the man and for his family...knowing his family is being cared for will take a huge load off his mind.
Prayers sent for everyone involved.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Stay in touch as best as you can; news from home is the catalyst which helps keep the deployed sane and out of depression. I deployed three times in three years to SE Asia, my son was born during the initial deployment, and if it weren't for mail call and the MARS radio station I might have wigged out. On deployment #3 our squadron commander left for stateside in a straight jacket, literally, so I can't stress enough that frequent contact is very important.

Will pray that he returns home safe and can return to some degree of normalcy. Tell him that he needs to switch services at the time of his next re-enlistment; USAF maybe, or the Coasties.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the prayers. He seems to be doing much better. He and his wife just found out they are expecting again which has done a world of good for the both of them.