Prayer request.

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Update for y'all. Just rang the bell on my chemo treatment, got a little certificate and all. Final radiation is on Friday, so effectively after this week I'm in the hands of the surgical team now. Next step is consultation and then they'll get a combo team of my surgeon and a thoracic surgeon then I think we'll be cleared hot to slice and dice me. My blood work has been consistent this whole time, I've actually gained weight back as opposed to lost it, and I've been in pretty high spirits, even yesterday I sent 100 rounds out of my LCPII to keep up to snuff on that weapon. This wasn't the way I planned to spend my first half of 2023. I don't know that I'll get into the turkey woods or get to hunt this first spring squirrel season (I was looking forward to that.) But by golly I reckon missing a season and being cancer free is better than the alternative. Again thank you all for your support. Y'all have been a boon to have in my corner.

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Still rocking and rolling. Had my final radiation Thursday, now we're just waiting to do a consultation with two surgeons, the same one who placed my feeding tube and a Thoracic surgeon (who Coincidentally did my father in laws bypass, and he's still around so I think he'll do fine) and then they'll talk at each other and find a good date to do my surgery, which will be removing my esophagus and moving my stomach up in it's place.

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Nothing but good news lately, that's what I like to see. Talked with the surgeons, they'll be aiming for April fool's day for surgery, which sucks a little my boy will be 3 on the 12th of April and I wanted to take him fishing for the first time, but there's always after I heal. The biggest news that excites me is that it'll be completely laparoscopic, and I'm excited to have this out. I'll be in the hospital for about 7-10 days and during that time they'll do a swallow study 5 days in to make sure it's healing right. Death is a far far possiblity with this surgery, so much that the biggest risk, which comes in at a 4% of the people who get this surgery have this complications, is a leaky connection where they're going to connect my stomach. Minus a week on the hospital and having tubes draining off excess I'm practically through the hard parts. Thanks everyone for all the prayers and well wishes and putting up with my silliness. Y'all have been great.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Appreciate all the prayers!!

6:15am - MIDNIGHT was a long day, she had several typical mild reactions to the Monoclonal antibody infusion which made them stop and restart several times BUT she seems to be doing well

Ps Just praying that the meds do their job and put this kidney disease into remission

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Made it out fine. Slight complication that was expected, just ended up with a larger incision in one of my incision areas, it was all good to go. Early pathology says that the tumor was shrunk and mostly dead and still didn't spread so I am, as of last Wednesday, cancer free. Healing is going well enough. Being 26 has it's upsides, healing like Wolverine is one of them. I got some cool looking scars, looks like I got bayonetted a few times. I am fine and on the mend. JTube feed for a few more months, and an evolving diet (clear at the moment.) I am blessed and so happy to be on the other side.

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
How ya feeling and healing up?
Pretty good. All the wounds from my chest drains are sealed up, still have my feed tube but we're slowly moving away from it, but they still have me on a lift restriction anyways. The biggest change is how I can handle food. I can't drink while I eat, and I have to eat smaller amounts more often. It's a big adjustment. I was one of those gluttonous type who would eat whatever was on my plate. Now I gotta go slow and be efficient. For example I had a shake from cook out after an appointment yesterday, that filled me up for several hours before I could even think of touching my tray. It took me three separate "meal times" to eat my tray.