poults

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
I saw this on the game camera yesterday and they came back today. 2 hens, 4 poults. I saw 1 or 2 toms a couple years ago a couple miles down the road, but never here.

Attachments

• MUD_5172.JPG
    MUD_5172.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 15

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
On the way to South Mountain SP early this morning, backpack training for Subaru's High country archery hunt. Lol
Saw this big group, looks like a variety of ages.

Attachments

• 20220818_072719.jpg
    20220818_072719.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 10

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Saw one hen with 4 poults in a small field a few miles from the house this morning. You just can't have too many turkeys. Glad the avian flu wasn't a major factor here.

Jim

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just buried a dead poult, no signs of physical trauma that I could tell but the carcass was starting to decompose.
The only abnormality I could see was a possibly twisted neck but I do not think it was the cause of death.
It was in my backyard when I got home and I have been seeing a injured bird on my backyard game camera so I think this may be it.
The bird I have been seeing was staying away from the rest of the flock so it's very possible that this is the same bird, about the size of a banty chicken or just a bit bigger

Reactions: jug

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just got another picture of the injured bird that's coming to my backyard, so the poult that I found dead wasn't the one that I figured.
Darn, with the few poults that I'm seeing this year around the house I hate to see any not make it, but that's just nature I guess.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of the guys on our mowing crew at work sickle barred about 15 poults and 2 hens yesterday. He said it made the 3rd gang he’s got this year.