Poults

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seen 3 hens with 5 poults big enough to fly and did fly. All 5 were same age so only the 1 hen must have produced them. The other 2 hens were providing cover and protection I guess. Saw all them about a half mile from house this morning.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
She’s down to 2

Attachments

• 715A5DB5-8501-48EF-ACF1-336D83F91736.jpeg
    715A5DB5-8501-48EF-ACF1-336D83F91736.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 16

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
4 hens with 9 poults here this morning, 2 more who regularly bring poults arrived without any in tow.
Probably less than normal years, but late hatches may still be tucked in and not coming to the backyard yet.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Walking one of the smaller ridges in the pasture. Look down at my right foot and there’s a hen exploding off the ground . Two youngins right behind her. They fly off to the tree line. Those little buggers can cruise. That’s the first time I’ve seen em take flight like that. Mama was in the trees chirping. Turned around and 3 more of em were just sitting there frozen. We stood there for a good minute before they shot off the ground and peeped as they flew across to meet the others. 30 min later the farmer was driving over that spot with the tractor and sprayer. Glad the 3 stragglers didn’t get doused or mushed . The whole thing took me by such surprise my initial thought was “what in the hell are them grouse doing with a Turkey?”

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
The bearded hen still has all 10 poults 3+ weeks after she showed up again. They're getting bigger every day.

There's another hen with 3 poults who's been coming around every day since 7-19-21. You really can't have too many turkeys!

Jim

7-24-21 Hen w poults.JPGBeardless Hen w poults.JPG

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My card aint got a single sighting on it 😕
I did finally see a hen when fishing Wilkes had 2 with her another 25ish miles away had at least 1 they got out sight before could get good look. have seen 9 hens now in Caldwell not a single poult