Poults

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Saw 2 hens at the club, no poults. 1/2 mile down the road a big hen was on the shoulder acting funny. Flew across the road and there were at least 6 little ones in the tall grass along the edge of the road.

Seems to me the hatch was good this year, hopefully many will make it!

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Was on the phone walking around the back yard and looked across neighbors yard. There was a hen pecking along in the tall grass, when she came out into a little grove of oaks with no grass there must have been 10 if not more tiny poults with her, looked like tiny chicks you see at southern states. Don' think they could have been more than a few days old.

Hopefully a few make it! Maybe this warn, dry weather will lead to a good hatch this year.

Anybody else seeing any yet?
Haven't seen a single poult out of 9 adult hens.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Buddy spent the weekend in and around Cades Cove. Grown turkeys all over, zero poults seen:(

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We just had three hens under the front yard bird feeder, each had poults of different ages. One only had one bantam chicken sized poult, the other two had 5 quail sized and 4 adult chicken sized poults with them.
We've seen the quail sized flock decrease from 9 to 5 in the past week or so, but the others seem to be keeping the flock steady.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So far seen 11 hens since 1st June no poults seen. 3 hens were together other 8 singles 5 were early June so still may not hatched yet.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
She still has 3 left. Started with around 9 or 10.

Attachments

• 5F33344F-4850-40A0-83E5-FCA897037287.jpeg
    5F33344F-4850-40A0-83E5-FCA897037287.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 13

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I spent some time on a gameland yesterday. Walked up on 3 separate hens and none had any poults. Not a large sample size I know but not very encouraging.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I may be wrong but I think we will see a good hatch this year. Maybe not what we saw 2 years ago but still good. All them dang newcomers trying to turkey hunt ..... are gonna be the next problem

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I haven't been looking too hard, but I've seen about 12 lone hens since June started. No poults seen so far.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I got my summer survey card this morning. From what I've seen so far my card will have ZERO items listed. Haven't seen a thing except a hen 2 months ago.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Finally saw first poults of the season today. Two hens had 8 slightly larger than quail size poults with them in the Oxford area.