Poults

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I saw a hen turkey with poults that looked like they had just hatched. Not good with all this cold rain we are having her in WNC
Saw the same in Transylvania last week, she had 12 little ones. Worried about the deluge and chilly temps we are having here.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Saw our resident hen on Tuesday with a bunch of tiny poults. Been thinking ever since I saw them that they’re not going to make it, been pouring all day and pretty cold for May.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
It's going be bad for all of them hatching and some of the early one a week or so old.Most hens will walk them to there death tall wet grass and and cold. It couldn't have came at a worse time.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have often wondered that myself. One of the farmers where we hunt in NE has told us of long stretches (over 30 consecutive days) where the temp never got above zero. But there are plenty of turkeys there.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It was rhetorical

they are adapted to the weather

they will come thru fine

folks need to worry on what they can affect and less on what they can’t

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It was rhetorical

they are adapted to the weather

they will come thru fine

folks need to worry on what they can affect and less on what they can’t
Someone could make a mint if they could figure out how to attach those little party drink umbrellas for them. Not that it would work but it sure would make the turkey commanders feel better.