Postal Service Help

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody work for or have a contact at the distribution center in Greensboro. I have a package that's went to Boonville 3 times now, I'm about ready to lose my xxxx. Called Boonville yesterday and a super nice guy verified my address and package but said the only thing he can do is send it back.i needed this part Monday of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Problems here too. I bought some food plot seed off e-bay last week. Supposed to be here this past monday. Tracking says it's been in Fayetteville since last Saturday....20 miles up the road from me. Just sent a message through e-bay. Not the seller's fault, but not mine either.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck. I had a tailgate assist strut set in Texas two weeks before they declared it lost. I finally raised so much hell with the company I ordered it from they sent another by FedEx. It came in with a part missing, again I raise hell and they sent the replacement USPS and it has sent in the same distribution center in Texas for 4 days with no movement. I don't think I will ever get my strut but they will know me well at this parts store.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
The part isn't lost, but obviously the tag is digitally coded wrong. The only thing that I know to do is call Boonville in the morning and pay for shipping again to get a new label, which is asinine...

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It won't help you now, but in the future, you might want to consider not doing business with the Postal Service if the delivery is critical. One of my siblings just retired from the Postal Service and based on what he's told me, things are only going to get worse as the organization is on the same trajectory as the Titanic.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve had a bow in transit from VA to me for a week. I’m sure it’s sitting in a truck in Greensboro that hasn’t been checked in and sent out to me yet. I’m getting pretty frustrated.
Especially paying extra for 3day priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinaReaper

I feel for you. USPS is pretty bad, but honestly, the others are also in deep water logistically speaking. I ordered a few pairs of pants about a 10 days back and they made it to the Greensboro FedEx hub and has sat there for several days with no update. Sadly the norm now.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Over a decade ago, I spent 3+ years in a UPS hub. You know how you hear people say that if you've ever worked in fast food you would never eat it again? Well I definitely saw some stuff that would make you go hmmmm....but even now, knowing what I've seen, with over 10 years with no affiliation to the company, if I have the option, I choose to have my things shipped UPS.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I bought something in early July.... got a tracking label created on July 17th......I got it in the mail today and it still says pre-shipment on the tracking info.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I was going to start a thread about this the other day...I live north of Hickory.
I ordered a part for my bow 2 weeks ago. It was packaged and sent out in less than 8 hours. The box made its way around Michigan for 4 days. It finally left that state and according to the tracking, it got to Indianapolis in less than 6 hours. From Indy to Knoxville in 8 hours. Sat in Knoxville for 3 days....
Finally left Knoxville and went to Greensboro in 1 day, sat there for 3 days. Left Greensboro at 7 am, came back to hub at 1pm. Left hub at 5 pm and went to Dillsboro, NC. Back to Greensboro. Sat 1 day. Left again and went to Cowpens, SC. Back to Greensboro. Left hub, came back to hub 8 hours later. Finally left hub and came to Hickory post office. Left the Hickory PO at 7 am for delivery, got the package the next day at 3 pm.

The collaboration between FedEx and the USPS is beyond shameful. That package passed by Hickory on I-40 at least 5 times. Pitiful....

Mail in voting should work like a champ !!!!

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have had a couple of USPS shipments lately that made me go hmmmm. One was priority mail from TX. Label created, arrived at USPS hub the next day, business as usual. In the next 3 or 4 days, it left and returned to that same hub 4 times. Total transit time was around 10 days and when it arrived it looked like it had been through a rock crusher but the item was not damaged.
The other incident was a 4 oz. envelope package from CA. that the label said Smart Post (apparently that was what they called the free shipping option). Label created and to the hub in a day. Tracking showed in transit from that hub for almost 2 weeks before it showed up at the hub in Greensboro where it sat for 4 or 5 days before it finally made it to my local PO. Right at 3 weeks from CA to NC. More like Dumb Post IMO.

guyo

Ten Pointer
I had the same thing happen with meds from the V.A. the meds were sent back to the V.A.
The lady who called asked if I still needed them as they had been sent back to her. Hopefully I will see them next week. She also said it happens more times then you would expect.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
People are doing more online now because of the virus. USPS stopped carrying Smartpost for Fedex Ground. Makes for a big mess logistically.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Well....it finally got here. The guy at Boonville just ended up sending it to the postmaster here. Thanks to him for using his brain and not just blindly scanning the package like Greensboro did