Post upgrade issues and bug reporting

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Here's a thread to report issues that happened as a result of our upgrade.

I am aware that the Dark Style or Default style does not have the rotating background images. I'm working on that now. Figured I would open the forums up for use so at least you can start kicking the tires.

And no, Tapatalk is still not supported. ;)

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I see no banner between stickies, and other threads.

Doesn't really hinder anything. Just didn't know if it was intentional.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
The Reply box looks different, but functional.

Something went wrong though. I can still see CRC's posts ;)

Editing works also.

Edited to add I feared the Friday catch thread was gone!!! But it's just been shuffled down a bit, hopefully until this Friday.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Did the font change? It looks different to me. Not the posts themselves. The thread titles look different.
Yes...there were quite a few changes to the styles. I think the fonts changed and got a little smaller. I will go look through the old style layouts and see if I can put em back.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here's a thread to report issues that happened as a result of our upgrade.

I am aware that the Dark Style or Default style does not have the rotating background images. I'm working on that now. Figured I would open the forums up for use so at least you can start kicking the tires.

And no, Tapatalk is still not supported. ;)
Wow, that was the fastest "several hours upgrade" I've ever seen !
👌

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

The Ortem style has the break. The Light and Dark styles do not. I will look into that.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

I haven't been able to modify the default (light) style to do this. However, both Dark and Ortem now do it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
For some reason it keeps moving around when you type. As I type this it has moved the screen up and down and cant see what you are typing. Did not do that in the past. (On the phone)
Not sure if it is my phone or not.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Yes...there were quite a few changes to the styles. I think the fonts changed and got a little smaller. I will go look through the old style layouts and see if I can put em back.

I don't need you to change it. I was just noting the difference. Either way looks fine to me.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
For some reason it keeps moving around when you type. As I type this it has moved the screen up and down and cant see what you are typing. Did not do that in the past. (On the phone)
Tell me more about what is happening. What skin/style are you using? Are you on your phone, tablet or computer?

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m on an older iPhone and all looks and is functioning fine.... I actually like the new font

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Have you closed the "push notification" prompt?

Prior to the update, that's what mine would do if I didn't close it.

As for the font, it's a strange coincidence. In times of weak signal/connection, this is the font that would show up. With better connection, the old font would.

*now the old font seems to be back for the most part.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Have you closed the "push notification" prompt?

Prior to the update, that's what mine would do if I didn't close it.

As for the font, it's a strange coincidence. In times of weak signal/connection, this is the font that would show up. With better connection, the old font would.

*now the old font seems to be back for the most part.
I have not had the push notification pop up.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hmm. Replying on my phone here. It took a long long while for the reply editor to show up but it hasn't moved once or displayed. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s20

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping for a 🤦🏿‍♂️ choice on the “like” options. Oh well.

An aside, why does it open threads at the bottom or middle with DuckDuckGo? Not every time, but most.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Mr.Gadget I think maybe the moving up and down has to do with the fact that there is lots of traffic in this thread. So there is a popup that says "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?"

Does the jumping up and down happen every time on every thread?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Huh
Looks exactly the same on my phone and computer other than some new “like” buttons

So far so good

Ok, rescind that

Went to put a like icon on a pm and only option was a “like” and it went to a next screen asking me if i was sure i wanted to do that