"possibles bag"

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Actually, it's a loading bag too.

And the only reason I do it is to hear me wife actually say, "Why don't you just buy one."

I repurposed the leather from some Lacrosse Wellingtons I destroyed the soles on.

Holds the powder horn and a loading block. Tube of spare balls, tin of lubed patches, tube of cleaner, tin with spare flints, sand paper for the frizzen, and drill bit for the flash hole, ball pulling jag, and spare jag. Starter in a slide on the side. Cleaning patches up front. Need a small dispenser for oil.

IMG_20221011_205129620.jpg

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Good job!!!

And being extremely picky, these were not called possibles bag, that was more what a haversack was for, Lewis & Clark called them shooting bags...

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
As far as bags go, I trimmed all the lines, trimmed up some of the excess leather and cut my finger with the razor knife, so I bled on it, which gives it the lived in look, waxed all the seams, sprayed a little water proofer on. Attached a strap...

Then I loaded it up for bear (if'n I see a bear) and its hanging on the door near the flintlock, waiting for the Central Muzzleloading season, whenever that is....

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Ok, I'm off the rails.

Started thinking more about stocking the bags.

Preloaded powder vials have always been a conundrum.

Frankly, don't like them because of their diameters similar to bore (because they make them to hold a bullet too) I'd end up spilling powder in the field. And I keep my lubed and unlubed bullets in a different container anyway.

So while pontificating, I cleaned my office and was about to chunk a bunch of used Sharpie hi-lighters.

Shazam.

I pulled the wick out, then popped the bottom out,. Dumped the ink cartridge, and voila (which is French for "righteous")

Granted, I had to fill the thing using a folded file card, but it's sealed, and it pours easy without spilling.

I think it would hold 200gr. 95gr is about where my thumb is at.

IMG_20221024_172548668.jpg

Next we may talk about how I'm using chapstick or glue stick containers for an emergency bullet lube dispenser...

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ok, I'm off the rails.

Started thinking more about stocking the bags.

Preloaded powder vials have always been a conundrum.

Frankly, don't like them because of their diameters similar to bore (because they make them to hold a bullet too) I'd end up spilling powder in the field. And I keep my lubed and unlubed bullets in a different container anyway.

So while pontificating, I cleaned my office and was about to chunk a bunch of used Sharpie hi-lighters.

Shazam.

I pulled the wick out, then popped the bottom out,. Dumped the ink cartridge, and voila (which is French for "righteous")

Granted, I had to fill the thing using a folded file card, but it's sealed, and it pours easy without spilling.

I think it would hold 200gr. 95gr is about where my thumb is at.

View attachment 102307

Next we may talk about how I'm using chapstick or glue stick containers for an emergency bullet lube dispenser...
soooo, it's officially a purse now?😁😜