possible successful intervention,,,

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure why you keep bringing that up.

As I recall woodmoose was talking about collecting and guns in general. Not a SHTF post.

I brought it up because we are as close to a SHTF crisis as I have seen and an oddball caliber is a liability when you run out of ammo or something happens/breaks on that gun. Hint, you dont have to read my post or respond.
If someone has a 6.5 and lets say they have 20,000 rounds and the gun is damaged, broken , stolen etc then they have 20,000 rounds they cannot use in a easily accessible gun. You cant barter 20,000 rounds of useless ammo for something of value. Also, it may take you years to run out but in the end it is a liability compared to 22 lr 3006 3030 308 223 etc 9mm.
oddball caliber = liability no matter how much ammo you have.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I brought it up because we are as close to a SHTF crisis as I have seen and an oddball caliber is a liability when you run out of ammo or something happens/breaks on that gun. If someone has a 6.5 and lets say they have 20,000 rounds and the gun is damaged, broken , stolen etc then they have 20,000 rounds they cannot use in a easily accessible gun. . it may take you years to run out but in the end it is a liability compared to 22 lr 3006 3030 308 223 etc 9mm.
oddball caliber = liability no matter how much ammo you have.

Mr SHTF

Why no 5.56?

Lots more of that out there to be found compare to 223. Just saying Who the F wants a 223 when there is 5.56 everyplace...

Just saying...

You can go back to your SHTF.... but this was a hunting thread.

BTW
I have all bases covered for the calibers you stated.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I am done .........if you would read and understand I said if you are out hunting and come back all the ones you have COVERED are gone or whatever you are stuck with a liability. you can argue all you want but in the end it is a liability. Also it was a hunting thread and I can add what i want to and unless the original poster tells me to knock it off. You are not the original poster so you cant complain about that.
I am done before the original poster tells me too and you are obviously the smartest person on this forum and just too smart for me.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I am done .........if you would read and understand I said if you are out hunting and come back all the ones you have COVERED are gone or whatever you are stuck with a liability. you can argue all you want but in the end it is a liability. Also it was a hunting thread and I can add what i want to and unless the original poster tells me to knock it off. You are not the original poster so you cant complain about that.
I am done before the original poster tells me too and you are obviously the smartest person on this forum and just too smart for me.

Thank you...
Back to your bunker!
BTW if I'm out hunting.... and have a 6.5, it is just one or two of the guns I carry!
I have a belt fed 30 cal so I can shoot my way out of the woods and get to the bigger mo better guns! And we have about 9 to 10 months before deer hunting starts. I'm sure your thoughts are the SHTF before that correct? Just around the corner!

Sucks they only let you order 5 cans of the 50 cal. Guess I will get friends to order for me....
1610925156717990970574.jpg

Last edited:

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
it is kind of entertaining guys, thanks .
I never had the 'need' for a hunting rifle (besides .22) so only have one rifle for fun or
for when the SHTF , only wish I had stored up more 7.62x39 ammo before last spring.

77f150 beast

Eight Pointer
Thank you...
Back to your bunker!
BTW if I'm out hunting.... and have a 6.5, it is just one or two of the guns I carry!
I have a belt fed 30 cal so I can shoot my way out of the woods and get to the bigger mo better guns! And we have about 9 to 10 months before deer hunting starts. I'm sure your thoughts are the SHTF before that correct? Just around the corner!

Sucks they only let you order 5 cans of the 50 cal. Guess I will get friends to order for me....
View attachment 59211
But in a shtf situation.....its deer season everyday!Tell em Mack.....now wheres that dam pot stirring emoji,couldnt find it.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Man I did, I took all your posts for fun and you cracked me up.
Mine was a general post.

BTW 6.5x55 is king.... been shooting and reloading for years.
Have several.
Truth here, 6.5x55 in a modern rifle, with modern brass and powders, loaded to modern pressures wins on every ballistic point.
And before the 6.5 blew up in the firearms magazines and killed any chance of finding any bullets, it could be loaded and shot very economically.
Not so today.
Even at 1888 pressures in 1888 rifles it has efficiently killed even the largest animals on Earth along with countless moose, deer, elk, boar and other game.
Yep, count me in on the 6.5x55 team.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t believe y’all are comparing a cartridge based on SHTF scenarios. That’s dumb. 99% of people ain’t gonna make it when it hits. Especially those who post about it all over the web.

The damn internet couch potatoes that everyone hates so much will probably do the best. They know everything about everything. There is some benefit to googling all day long.

CRC will outlast us all.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t believe y’all are comparing a cartridge based on SHTF scenarios. That’s dumb. 99% of people ain’t gonna make it when it hits. Especially those who post about it all over the web.

The damn internet couch potatoes that everyone hates so much will probably do the best. They know everything about everything. There is some benefit to googling all day long.

CRC will outlast us all.
And all this time I was thinking we were talking about it as a hunting gun!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
As much as I love my 6.5 creeds if I ever needed more than a few mags abuch 308s would take thier place quick like........ and Bertha ......nothing says back on up like her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Truth here, 6.5x55 in a modern rifle, with modern brass and powders, loaded to modern pressures wins on every ballistic point.
And before the 6.5 blew up in the firearms magazines and killed any chance of finding any bullets, it could be loaded and shot very economically.
Not so today.
Even at 1888 pressures in 1888 rifles it has efficiently killed even the largest animals on Earth along with countless moose, deer, elk, boar and other game.
Yep, count me in on the 6.5x55 team.
The old 6.5x55 is an excellent long range cartridge and some really fine mauser actions in it. Between the swiss and the two 7mm mausers I shoot I will never want for the new 6.5. My 270 is set up for zero at 285 yards and keeps me crosshair in fur at 400,recommended sight in from Sam Fadala years ago. Will never need to hunt anything farther away