Possibility of CWD infecting people!

Your headline is a might extreme,,,,

Yes, might,,,,such a vague term that covers everything,,,might
I agree ! I found the article informative though. Thought the catchy headline would get peoples attention to read the article and post opinions. I wonder if people will stop deer hunting if CWD is found in the county they hunt in. It is recommend in the article not to eat deer with CWD. Unless they come out with a field test how would you know?

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
True. Lots of other things you're much more likely to contract / catch than CWD from a deer. (Any of the numerous tick-borne diseases come to mind).
and I never used to give those a thought. But now they do factor into some decisions I make especially with my family's exposure. Good point.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm all for being cautious, but I think people are getting too worked up over something that has been around for a long time and has never been proven to have any effect on humans. Until it is proven, I say carry on.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I'm all for being cautious, but I think people are getting too worked up over something that has been around for a long time and has never been proven to have any effect on humans. Until it is proven, I say carry on.
...And most folks don't eat brains. And most folks wouldn't eat a sick looking deer. And a sick deer is more likely to get taken down by a Coyote anyhow.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
what I find extemely humorous is the concept that they are calling CWD the "zombie deer disease",,,,

like deer infected with CWD will walk around, moaning, trying to eat the other deer (or humans),,,,to funny

talk about fake news,,,,

(and PS- not like I believe in zombies,,,,,EVERYONE knows they come from the dark hole where the Event Horizon traveled and none of those have made it back to earth),,,,,

BiggestSpikeYouEverSeen

Ten Pointer
Contributor
...And most folks don't eat brains. And most folks wouldn't eat a sick looking deer. And a sick deer is more likely to get taken down by a Coyote anyhow.

For what its worth, we had 2/5 deer test positive for CWD in Colorado last year. One was a mid 70s buck and the other an upper 40s. Both looked as healthy as any other buck out there chasing does.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hope you guys disposed of your knives that you used on the CWD positive deer. Those prions are almost impossible to kill.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I’ve seen and heard several things stating that they recommend people don’t eat CWD infected animals. But there haven’t been any confirmed cases of CWD being transferred to a person that’s eaten an infected animal. In some areas (mainly thinking of Wisconsin) CWD is very prevalent and I’m sure many people have eaten an infected deer, and I haven’t heard any horror stories about it.