Pop-Up Camper and Generator Question!!

Wrangler95

The cable that pulls out from the side of my camper wont fit my outlets on generator but it fits with an adapter in the 5-20r outlet which says household.Will this outlet power a TV,DVD player and a 60 watt light?Here is a pic of it plugged into this 5-20r outlet!!

Here is a pic of the RV ready plug that says TT-30r but none of my plugs fit this outlet.The outlet is way bigger than any of my plugs.Here is a pic of TT-30r outlet on generator.

Here is a pic of air conditioner plug that also doesnt fit any outlet on the generator.What kind adapters do I need for the plugs?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Most RV stores sell a 1 foot plug that will fit what you are looking. You will ned a few of them for the areas that you camp.
That plug for the AC looks like a 220v plug.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
Most RV stores sell a 1 foot plug that will fit what you are looking. You will ned a few of them for the areas that you camp.
That plug for the AC looks like a 220v plug.

Believe what Mr. Gadget is referring to is sometimes also called a "pigtail"...

PG2

Ten Pointer
yes and the AC is 220, you can rig it so you can plug it in but you will need to hook up a gas pump to the generator to keep it going with the AC on...

Lou

Eight Pointer
Check this link for an illustration of the plug you have: http://www.newmarevpower.com/Kwick-Eject/plug-configurations.jpg

It appears to be a 125V 20A plug. That plug configuration prevents an appliance that draws 20A from being plugged into a circuit that is only capable of supplying 15A.

It appears to me that the rightmost outlet on your generator should be capable of taking that plug.

You can find additional information by putting the search string "ac plug configurations" into your favorite search engine.

Actually this reference should clear up any confusion regarding the horizontal/vertical blade configurations for both 250V and 125V. They are similar but not the same: http://internationalconfig.com/config_chart/configchart3.jpg

Lou

Last edited: