Poor Newbies

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Watched a guy buy a 9mm at a chain gun store today....with no ammo. How sad is it that a guy can buy a gun but no ammo for it. If I had been driving my truck is have gave the guy 20 or so rounds.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was in a store Sunday evening. There's 2 locations for this store. I asked, do you have a box of ammo for the gun you're trying to sell? And he said yes, that they have at least one box per gun so you'll have something to shoot with it. He said, I don't know what the other location has though.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Chain stores are not doing it...but I have a co-worker that bought a 9mm from Perry's and sold her 4 boxes with the gun. Another co-worker bought a 9mm and has no ammo because she bought it at Academy. Independent gun stores seem to be doing good with keeping enough to sell with guns.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Chains have a lot of other inventory to offset. Independents usually have a dedicated niche of inventory. Independents know a customer may not buy the gun if there is no ease of access to ammunition. Chains well... they just aren’t that concerned, someone else will be along to buy.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
3 friends recently bought ar15s...then bought 100 rds of 223 at $1.oo per rd....i gave each of them a 50 rd box of remminton 223 that i bought during walmart closeout for $7.50 per box.....they were stunned to say the least.....moral of the story, dont wait until the last minute to do something you can do today....
Or something like that....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
3 friends recently bought ar15s...then bought 100 rds of 223 at $1.oo per rd....i gave each of them a 50 rd box of remminton 223 that i bought during walmart closeout for $7.50 per box.....they were stunned to say the least.....moral of the story, dont wait until the last minute to do something you can do today....

I traded some of those 223 and 9mm for around $500 worth of AR parts...I came out good, but as the price gap closes he might come out better in the end!

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
stopped to check out some lgs pricing this morning.....GEEZ! $35 FOR 50 9MM, 40 AND 45 THE SAME!.

I did buy some 10ga buckshot for "normal" price. I'll tell you guys, if you need turkey shells you better buy them now. I predict they will be next since buckshot is almost impossible to find.

He was on the phone and said that 7mm and 30-30 are non existent. I have some federal premium that I literally have 0 in that I'm gonna drop by there and see if he will trade me some 25-06 for. Unfortunately all of the 30-30 I have are reloads.

billyearl

Six Pointer
Contributor

Procrastination leads to desperation ...

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Was out yesterday for the first time since all the craziness dropped for guns. I was absolutely shocked at the lack of guns and such at Cabelas. I have a couple of somewhat specialized rifles I was looking for and even there were none of those to be found.
Went to Springhill outfitters and they had a good selection of long guns, ARs and shotguns. Handgun inventory was thin. Phone was constantly ringing with folks looking ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
scored 100rd of 22 at Walmart this morning. $8.97 otd. SuperX Winchester...it was literally laying on the counter. Don't know where they found it, don't care. Its almost like hunting now lol