Pond Management

Wildgamechaser987

Button Buck
Hello all, my family owns around a 3 acre pond that's next to a lake that holds a good amount of divers during the winter time. What can I do to increase the quality and have more ducks frequent the pond?

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
How deep is it? 3 acres could be a lot of water to pump depending on depth. May look into an aquatic vegetation such as hydrilla. Divers love it but it is an invasive species...ive seen it growing in smaller ponds that attracted divers and puddlers

Wildgamechaser987

Button Buck
How deep is it? 3 acres could be a lot of water to pump depending on depth. May look into an aquatic vegetation such as hydrilla. Divers love it but it is an invasive species...ive seen it growing in smaller ponds that attracted divers and puddlers
It's fairly deep probably 20 feet in the center

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it were me, with a 3 acre pond, I'd check into planting all around the edge with rice, millet, corn, sunflowers, etc. instead of draining it. Why?
1. I like to fish also
2. 3 Acres is a LOT of water to drain and takes a LOT of water to refill.

Wildgamechaser987

Button Buck
I've got a lot of fish in it, thinking of planting wild celery and letting it grow. And wild rice in the back where the creek converges and is shallow.