Pollen

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I love when it rains and it looks like someone dumped a bucket of yellow paint in the drains ...

Lee

Six Pointer
I haven't seen the off shore photos this year. In the past there have been pictures showing pine pollen miles out into the Atlantic.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Sorry to all those afflicted with pollen allergies. My eyes scratch a little, but it's nothing compared to what my brother has to suffer through. Hate on me if you must, but almost nothing makes me happier than having pollen covered yellow boots, because that means turkey season is here. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Jim

slugoo

Eight Pointer
I love what pollen means for nature, but when I am just sitting on my phone watching youtube minding my own business and all of a sudden my nose starts bleeding, I start creating some resentful thoughts towards this "pollen" thing.

CarolinaReaper

Hit me hard today. Nose running, throat scratchy. Gonna have to pick up some Zyrtec.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
North Carolina in the spring season... happens every year. Weeds will be next.. they tend to get me a little. This too will come to pass.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
The past four days I’ve been outside working pretty much all day and I’ve noticed my nose is stuffed but not sinus related. No adverse reactions other than the occasional drip and feeling like my nose is caked with mud.

When I used to bale hay on an open station I noticed there’s either a grass or weed that irritates my throat. I thought I had throat cancer because it wouldn’t go away, I rectified that with a cab.

Funny story! When my boss first moved to the south he had never experienced this level of pollen. One day he came into work all pissed off saying he had been vandalized. We asked what happened? He said someone had spray painted his car yellow. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
My wife and son got on his trampoline and legit made pollen angels like they would if it was snow.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
It's on everything around here, I feel it in my throat and caked in the corners of my eyes but it's just like any other dust or dirt. Don't really bother me after years of working under houses and in attics sucking insulation or pushing grain into seed cleaner or grain bins. Just snort and spit to keep breathing and hit the eye drops at the end of the day

Starfan

Eight Pointer
I’m 44 and pollen never bothered me until about 5 years ago. I’ve spent most of my life outside but now it kills me. I think if I mowed without a mask I would die.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
North Carolina in the spring season... happens every year. Weeds will be next.. they tend to get me a little. This too will come to pass.
If we're lucky, we'll get a little rain this week and next to help us along.
This forecast is NW Wake...hopefully it happens and rains enough to do some good,

1617843461297.png

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I measure pollen on my windshield when I get in my truck to go to work. Today was LESS than Monday!

My best pollen story.

I had just moved up to NC from S Florida. It was March. Met a pretty girl, invited her over and then "storms" came through. I was from S Florida. I'd seen storms (or so I thought). It was dry and no wind for like 2 weeks in our part of NC in early April. THEN a front pushed through. I'll never forget the night in front of the storms.

A downburst caused a GIANT cloud of yellow snow, except it went UP, and then a 360 degree haze of yellow/green. Then Lightning, then thunder. To the point I cowered in my basement as suggested. That was my most terrified time ever in NC. A HUGE yellow cloud, proceeded by a thunderstorm lol.

I prefer the recent times where we wash our vehicles ever 2 weeks.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I couldn’t believe the number of people driving with their windows down.

I’m a horrible person because I judged them, their A/C must’ve of been out on those nearly new cars.