Poacher Busted aka Mr Muzzleloader

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Sheesh. I know some laws are frustrating, but it's better to just not deal with the headache. Source: Pops was a poacher when I was a kid in WV...it was an expensive fine not worth the little meat we got.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Dang...When I started with muzzleloaders, back in the '70s he was writing articles of the effectiveness of traditional long rifles and round balls...As the market and guns and projectiles changed, he went with what the public wanted and catered to that arena...I haven't heard about him in years, looks like he is one of those guys that will do anything for money...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

1 - Glad to see you posting Sir!

2 - typical yahoo, thinks he is immune to the laws us common folks must follow

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
The same guy that tried to sue a prominent muzzleloading gun maker after a rifle "blew up."

It was later discovered that the rifle had been intentionally over charged with powder and 2 projectiles were seated on top of the charge.

The lust to KEEP fame you once had drives many a person mad.
Yaaa I was a member of a ML forum where that turned into a small war. I gave Bridges ell over that every chance I could there. My signiture on that site still fires a shot his way.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Randy Wakeman was a party clown before he became a self proclaimed Muzzleloader expert. I was on another board where he was accused of plagerism and the evidence against him was pretty credible.

Tjm1534

Spike
The Bear Whisper is up on charges for hunting bears in a no bear hunting area for years,there is literally 1000s of places to legally take bears in North America.You can’t fix stupid.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I find that hunting and fishing are based more on personal ethics and morals than laws or regulations. You either have them or you don't. I have a good friend who is a retired WEO who told me that it was not unusual for a suspect with a history of outdoor activities and involved in crime have game and fish violations in their past. Their life of crime started in the woods and waters violating game laws. That's why I despise poachers. They're not breaking into your homes to get cash for dope, or shoplifting for kicks, they are doing it because they have no ethics or morals. Many are your neighbors, clergy, policemen, lawyers, doctors, media personalities, and supposedly the highly respected members of our communities. In my opinion anyone that will shoot a deer at night, or shoot or catch way over their limit of birds and fish, will have no qualms taking your wallet. No ethics, no morals.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Many years ago I was a young hunter all into bow hunting especially. I went to the outdoor sport shows when I could and met one of my hunting "idols". We talked and in my mind I wanted to be that kind of very successful hunter of giant whitetails. A few years passed and then it came out that he was found guilty of transporting an illegal deer across state lines to check it as killed where he actually had a license to hunt. From that time on I have been determined to never let any famous person in any field impress me too much. I am very strict on myself when hunting. Nobody would know if I bend the rules but I would know and that matters to me.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I find that hunting and fishing are based more on personal ethics and morals than laws or regulations. You either have them or you don't. I have a good friend who is a retired WEO who told me that it was not unusual for a suspect with a history of outdoor activities and involved in crime have game and fish violations in their past. Their life of crime started in the woods and waters violating game laws. That's why I despise poachers. They're not breaking into your homes to get cash for dope, or shoplifting for kicks, they are doing it because they have no ethics or morals. Many are your neighbors, clergy, policemen, lawyers, doctors, media personalities, and supposedly the highly respected members of our communities. In my opinion anyone that will shoot a deer at night, or shoot or catch way over their limit of birds and fish, will have no qualms taking your wallet. No ethics, no morals.
That's what I've been harping for years. It's what you need to teach your children, It's what you do when no one is watching.... but YOU have to live with...

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
At some point, a man has to decide what kind of person he wants to be. It may take "stepping over the line" once, and realizing you can't live with knowing what you did was wrong to decide it just isn't worth it. Some folks just know from the get go. Either way, you realize you have morals and ethics and do your best not to violate them.
Then, you have to folks like the OP posted about. They just don't care, have no self guilt and are only sorry about getting caught. It's a selfish, self centered attitude.

Metty

Four Pointer
I think one thing that’s tough to wrap your head around is how different game laws are state to state. I would agree that if there is a law on the books, you should respect that. However, that’s a separate issue from whether or not that law is just or moral. People here in NC seem to get totally incised about baiting bears (I think because it’s illegal) but in other states it’s legal and therefore not frowned upon.

Another one is the urban whitetail season in NC. A city participating has very little to do with how many deer are there and a lot to do with whether or not the town management decides they want to be included.

I don’t like politicians making decisions about things they don’t know a whole lot about but that doesn’t mean you can just ignore the rules and do what you want

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I think one thing that’s tough to wrap your head around is how different game laws are state to state. I would agree that if there is a law on the books, you should respect that. However, that’s a separate issue from whether or not that law is just or moral. People here in NC seem to get totally incised about baiting bears (I think because it’s illegal) but in other states it’s legal and therefore not frowned upon.

Another one is the urban whitetail season in NC. A city participating has very little to do with how many deer are there and a lot to do with whether or not the town management decides they want to be included.

I don’t like politicians making decisions about things they don’t know a whole lot about but that doesn’t mean you can just ignore the rules and do what you want

It is perfectly legal to bait bears in NC.
It just has to be unprocessed bait.
I.e. raw peanuts= fine. Peanut butter= illegal.
And none on gameland... foegot about that.

Metty

Four Pointer
It is perfectly legal to bait bears in NC.
It just has to be unprocessed bait.
I.e. raw peanuts= fine. Peanut butter= illegal.
And none on gameland... foegot about that.

Yeah true. When I think baiting bears I think a pile of doughnuts not a pile of peanuts

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Dang. I read a bunch of his articles on NAML. I used his info as a baseline for working up my loads on my 10ga sxs shotgun.
I guess somepeople cant help themselves.