plumbers

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
putting in a water line and can not find 3/4 inch 22.5 elbows anywhere other then online and they are $7-8 a piece or shipping is crazy.
how much bend will 3/4 schedule 40 take? trying to avoid another chit ton of digging

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I haven't tried furgesons yet. 4" cap was over $14. at lowes yesterday.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
putting in a water line and can not find 3/4 inch 22.5 elbows anywhere other then online and they are $7-8 a piece or shipping is crazy.
how much bend will 3/4 schedule 40 take? trying to avoid another chit ton of digging
Pm MoBucks , he's the expert on most anything plumbing.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I could. but need the tool and have everything but the one joint. more of a frustration then anything.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I could. but need the tool and have everything but the one joint. more of a frustration then anything.
As someone that's become quite the amateur plumber (defective fittings at my house,) buy you two sharkbite PVC-Pex fittings at Lowes and a section of pex. No tools needed.

Its $25 extra and you can be done tonight.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
yes, pvc. I installed a hydrant and tying into existing line. had to move the cutoff for future deck.

I can dig a bit and use a 45. I'm more bitching about not finding a 22.5 and the ones I did are 7X's the price. I also have another water project soon and like to have extras.

gonna check Ferguson tomorrow.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you are going to do it in a sweep it will bend. If you have to do it close I wouldn't try it. Your first mistake was not just using PEX. If you don't make a swing joint on that yard hydrant you can almost count on it cracking after a few years. Even if you bed it good in gravel it is going to settle some. If you plumb it rigid that PVC is gonna crack. I hate swing joints but that is the place for one.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nope - it was pex - it was the connection they used
They still have some :donk:donk:donk:donk connections out there. I am anal about connectors. I probably have between $3-500 worth in a 5" deep X 24" square case that I carry around if I get a call. But all the connectors are either copper or brass. I know the nylon fittings are tough, I used them in my dog kennel on purpose because they are more forgiving in case they freeze. But otherwise I hate them.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They still have some :donk:donk:donk:donk connections out there. I am anal about connectors. I probably have between $3-500 worth in a 5" deep X 24" square case that I carry around if I get a call. But all the connectors are either copper or brass. I know the nylon fittings are tough, I used them in my dog kennel on purpose because they are more forgiving in case they freeze. But otherwise I hate them.

Yeah,,, I shouldn’t blame the pex but it left a bad taste

the right fittings and that stuff works great

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I’m still trying to figure out what it is that you don’t know how to do lol. Was thinking a lot you today when we worked on an abomination of a brake job. Long story and not worth rehashing. But I swear to you i said to two of the guys that are gonna go down to hunt w me “I bet ol Tim would have a better way to do this.”

thandy

Ten Pointer
I work at Ferguson and we don't carry a lot 22.5 bends in PVC. Best bet is to dig out and use a 45.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Quest pipe really wasn't bad, but their fittings was absolute junk.
Depended on your water though. It was bad in some areas on city water depending how the water was treated. Under my house the polybutylene is just fine, the fittings are starting to go. The PB lasted longer than copper.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Depended on your water though. It was bad in some areas on city water depending how the water was treated. Under my house the polybutylene is just fine, the fittings are starting to go. The PB lasted longer than copper.
My house was originally plumbed with copper (by me), it lasted 22 years. I am on a well. To say I have hard water is an understatement.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Yep. Not sure if it was the chlorine or fluoride that made PB brittle at about the 20 year mark on city water.