Plenty of Ammo at Greentops...

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
.... on I95 N. of Richmond, which hopefully is a good sign for the future. They have literally hundreds of boxes of .30-30, both Federal and Hornady for $26 and $28 a box. Also lots of .308, and many other calibers. I bought a 50 rd. box of Remington .45acp FMJ for $26, which IIRC is in line with the pre-scare prices. And they have several options on 9mm as well. There are some limits per customer, and I'm sure it's not worth the drive up there from NC, but just saying FYI in case anybody is heading that direction anyway.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yep ... here's hoping folks have big enough reserves to feel comfortable now.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Not at Greentop but I found some H-Black 6.5G on sale for $5.50/rd...marked down from $7.50/rd.

plus shipping😂 😂

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If they pass some of the bills that try to ban mail order ammo and make it a dealer only with paperwork...... All the guys buying for resale will have a hard time...

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Just stopped there yesterday and the week before. Both times I walked out with what I was looking for.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Yes but I couldn’t tell you what exactly. It’s in another section. I walked past the sale bin next to it that had bullet, brass, holsters ect in there.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Any reloading supplies?
I was going to check, but got sidetracked by the knives for sale. They had bought a huge collection from someone locally, and are selling them for $9.99 each, they have hundreds. I ended up buying 7, some real deals there. These would typically be in the $20-30 range. Then had to leave because dog was in car, so didn't make it to reloading.

tbear2

Spike
.... on I95 N. of Richmond, which hopefully is a good sign for the future. They have literally hundreds of boxes of .30-30, both Federal and Hornady for $26 and $28 a box. Also lots of .308, and many other calibers. I bought a 50 rd. box of Remington .45acp FMJ for $26, which IIRC is in line with the pre-scare prices. And they have several options on 9mm as well. There are some limits per customer, and I'm sure it's not worth the drive up there from NC, but just saying FYI in case anybody is heading that direction anyway.
Greentop has been the major player in the shooting, hunting, archery, & fishing sports for many years. I used to live in Richmond, but even when I moved to Northern Va. I stopped there on my way to my vacation home( now permanent residency) on Lake Gaston. They always had knowledgable salesmen in every Dept. A few years ago the original owners were growing old & I'm sure wealthy so they sold out to a local corporation. Thankfully, not much has changed. I can remember when they traded mostly handguns out of the old filling station at the old property before the first building was built.
This was the old gas station.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Greentop has been the major player in the shooting, hunting, archery, & fishing sports for many years.
Yep, I shopped there in the old days as well. I bought a lot of really nice and unusual S&W revolvers, including two 3" M66. As a regular customer they would discount the price and ship them back to NC for free. The firearms VP Donnie once told me "your check is better than my cash" when that was all I had to pay with. When the nearby Gander Mountain went out of business (they could not compete with the smaller company) Greentop moved into that building, and got much bigger, but did not loose the small store touch.