Please report issues with private messages

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I recently made some changes to the private messaging code on the forums. It should not affect the vast majority of people. However, those will fewer than 15 posts will now be unable to use the private messaging system. This is because we have had issue with potential spammers getting around the spam filter and soliciting people via PM.

On the old VBulletin version of NCH&F we had this restriction. It was lifted when we went to Xenforo because of better spam detection and prevention.

So, post up here if you can't sent private messages. Thanks!

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I recently made some changes to the private messaging code on the forums. It should not affect the vast majority of people. However, those will fewer than 15 posts will now be unable to use the private messaging system. This is because we have had issue with potential spammers getting around the spam filter and soliciting people via PM.

On the old VBulletin version of NCH&F we had this restriction. It was lifted when we went to Xenforo because of better spam detection and prevention.

So, post up here if you can't sent private messages. Thanks!
I can't post PMs, and also cannot reply to classified ads

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I can't post PMs, and also cannot reply to classified ads

This is rule number 8 from the classified forum rules.

8. You must have a minimum post count of 50 to post threads in the classifieds. Do not place a classified ad elsewhere in the forum due to not having the required post count.

You also have to have 10 posts to send a d receive PMs.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This is rule number 8 from the classified forum rules.

8. You must have a minimum post count of 50 to post threads in the classifieds. Do not place a classified ad elsewhere in the forum due to not having the required post count.

You also have to have 10 posts to send a d receive PMs.
OK. I am not trying to place a classified ad, I am trying to respond to one.

Is the 10 post count requirement for PMs new? I have PM'd before.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This girl keeps sending me private messages asking about rod stiffness. I read more into hunting. I don’t know the answers to those fishing questions.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thanks. I just re-read Tipmoose's post. I misinterpreted it on the first read. I thought he was saying that the 15 post limit was a glitch and he would help us with this problem.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
OK. I am not trying to place a classified ad, I am trying to respond to one.

Is the 10 post count requirement for PMs new? I have PM'd before.

The 15 post rule for PMs was always present...we just started enforcing it about two or three months ago.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Can anyone fathom this place without Tipmoose manning the Technological helm?

Our PM folders would look than our "no one knows about email account's spam folder"!.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You have to have picture proof that you hunt and/or fish. Then you have to either grant permission for forum members to hunt your property or contribute ammo to the forum armory.
says the man who hasn't posted a picture of him hunting or fishing. :mosh:

that I recall.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Can anyone fathom this place without Tipmoose manning the Technological helm?

Our PM folders would look than our "no one knows about email account's spam folder"!.

I can...... I’d equate it to a Jordan canoe trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk