Please comment on national forest management

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Got this in an email:
Your written support is critical as it will greatly influence forest and wildlife management for the next
20 years. Deadline is December 15th. Write t
he Forest Service TODAY in support of active wildlife
management.

NCPlanRevision@fs.fed.us

Pisgah and Nantahala National Forests

If you quail and grouse hunt, drop the Forest Service an email.

Last edited:

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
The WNC Sportsman's Club will be holding a meeting to discuss this and how to improve habitat for deer, bear, grouse, and other wildlife. The meeting will be at the Jukebox Junction Restaurant located at the intersection of 276 and NC 110 in Bethel at 6:30 PM Monday the 17th. Come and bring a friend.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
Yall. Please take a few minutes go email the forest service in support of management areas 1 and 2. We need diversity in our forest.

It's sickening to read the one sided, and untrue, selfish press releases being generated by the ones not wanting any timber management at all. It is upsetting reading the lies and selfish opinions they are putting in the papers. They are trying to use scare tactics and wording to persuade the uninformed people that we want every dang tree in the forest cut. It's sad. And ridiculous.

Please take a few minutes to support these areas.

Last edited:

mtnbuck

Six Pointer
Couldn't be happier to see these comments. Let's keep it going and support wildlife management on our public lands!

Doc

Twelve Pointer
Couldn't be happier to see these comments. Let's keep it going and support wildlife management on our public lands!

Never did get email from you about the committee.

It's clear the Sierra club and wilderness people are going straight to newspapers to try and print half truths to convince the middle ground folks. Just read comments on wlos article. It's sad honestly. So much misinformation. They have people thinking every tree on 700,000 contiguous acres is gonna be chopped down. It's unreal

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yall. Please take a few minutes go email the forest service in support of management areas 1 and 2. We need diversity in our forest.

It's sickening to read the one sided, and untrue, selfish press releases being generated by the ones not wanting any timber management at all. It is upsetting reading the lies and selfish opinions they are putting in the papers. They are trying to use scare tactics and wording to persuade the uninformed people that we want every dang tree in the forest cut. It's sad. And ridiculous.

Please take a few minutes to support these areas.

was reading the press today, pretty poor reporting as it gives little to no rebuttal for the benefits of proper forest management. I would think and hope the forest service would be prepared for this as far as the press but it doesn't look like it so far?

do I just stae support management 1 and 2 areas. I remember seeing some 1A or 2A in the meeting can't remember what they all mean.

thanks

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The WNC Sportsman's Club will be holding a meeting to discuss this and how to improve habitat for deer, bear, grouse, and other wildlife. The meeting will be at the Jukebox Junction Restaurant located at the intersection of 276 and NC 110 in Bethel at 6:30 PM Monday the 17th. Come and bring a friend.

Thanks for the heads up.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
was reading the press today, pretty poor reporting as it gives little to no rebuttal for the benefits of proper forest management. I would think and hope the forest service would be prepared for this as far as the press but it doesn't look like it so far?

do I just stae support management 1 and 2 areas. I remember seeing some 1A or 2A in the meeting can't remember what they all mean.

thanks

Support 1 and 2a. 2b is "not suitable" for timber management due to steepness, access and other reasons.

1 and 2a are areas they could manage the timber.