Planting my cactus and tumbleweed plots this weekend

tgr95

Spike
Weather conditions just perfect for my cactus and tumbleweed mix. All y’all with the dried up oats and pea patches are gonna wonder why all the deers over at my place all season long. Planting season is when deer season is won or lost!

(Please rain soon)

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Weather conditions just perfect for my cactus and tumbleweed mix. All y’all with the dried up oats and pea patches are gonna wonder why all the deers over at my place all season long. Planting season is when deer season is won or lost!

(Please rain soon)
Yeah I reseeded some of the plots up in Rockingham county yesterday with crimson clover and ryegrass. Gonna out out some oats and rye in 2 weeks. Dang Turkeys are lurking around and eating my rye seed. Once it starts raining it wont stop till May.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I finally planted mine yesterday in the heat, and I ate a couple pounds of dust doing it. My thought was better to do it now than Saturday, when I could be hunting in the cooler temps.

I wish I'd have waited till Saturday. It wasn't worth it.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I finally planted mine yesterday in the heat, and I ate a couple pounds of dust doing it. My thought was better to do it now than Saturday, when I could be hunting in the cooler temps.

I wish I'd have waited till Saturday. It wasn't worth it.
I'm calling this year's foodplots on accounta no rain..there's no way I could plant something and it grow roots fast enough to make it through the first frost which is only a couple weeks away. First time I can remember not having food plots, oh well. Corn , corn , corn...

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
It's real dry up here in the Hills to. My Clover is starting to look a little bit stressed in the sunnier areas of my plot the shadier areas still look just fine 10 in tall and dark green.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I’m planting tomorrow. Cheap and quick. If they make, fine. If not, that’s fine as well...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The weatherman last night said he was sorry to tell us but there was no significant rain in the foreseeable future, only some sprinkles throughout the day today. Within a few hours of him saying that we got 1.4". :LOL: Meteorologists are always good for a laugh.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t give up... we planted in VA and went thereafter for 4 weeks with 1 shower. I the last week it has rained several times and the seed that turkeys didn’t eat is sprouting.

More rain today and tomorrow so I’m throwing out 2 more bags of wheat and 2 bags of rye grain.

Heck I planted rye grain here late November and it germinated and grew to 1-2”