Plans for a fishing boondoggle

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Well that was quick, Now a couple of people for stand in's if they might be able to swing it. My son applying for the OPP (Provincial police) so he doesn't know what or when anything will be happening there, which is why i added him as tentative. Even if he gets in the force by the end of the year might not be able to take vacations for a bit, or at worst gets the left overs vs planning

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Doing some pre scouting for this trip, looks like i might be best to drive to Hatteras and take that ferry to Ocracoke - looking for input here as well since some others may have a better idea and certainly more knowledge than i
Also looking for a recommendation for a camp ground - checked out the 3 options and all around $30 a night depending on if i need electricity and looks like they allow 2 tents per ground so easy enough to split with someone else

Other than a potential bear hunt this coming spring, this trip will fill my mind with all sorts of things

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Doing some pre scouting for this trip, looks like i might be best to drive to Hatteras and take that ferry to Ocracoke - looking for input here as well since some others may have a better idea and certainly more knowledge than i
Also looking for a recommendation for a camp ground - checked out the 3 options and all around $30 a night depending on if i need electricity and looks like they allow 2 tents per ground so easy enough to split with someone else

Other than a potential bear hunt this coming spring, this trip will fill my mind with all sorts of things
Don't you know anyone in Ocracoke? 😉

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Also looking for a recommendation for a camp ground - checked out the 3 options and all around $30 a night depending on if i need electricity and looks like they allow 2 tents per ground so easy enough to split with someone else.
Don't mean to sound soft, but I've camped on Ocracoke in June, and it can be HOT and BUGGY. I'd do it again, but the Pony Island hotel has suites with kitchens and 3 beds for $180 per night ($60 per person). Might be worth considering, if it's within your budget.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Don't mean to sound soft, but I've camped on Ocracoke in June, and it can be HOT and BUGGY.
Will keep this in mind, guess i might wait to see what the weather will be doing as well, but how many boondoggles are remembered for all the comforts vs getting eaten alive by bugs lol

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Will keep this in mind, guess i might wait to see what the weather will be doing as well, but how many boondoggles are remembered for all the comforts vs getting eaten alive by bugs lol
I hear you. I've camped with my sons in Quetico Provincial Park in Northwest Ontario in late May / early June. The blackfly & mosquito stories rival the fishing stories. Those are fond memories. I also have fond memories of a shower, air conditioning, and a comfy bed after a day offshore. 😉