Places to Shoot/Practice Archery?

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Hello, all!

A friend and I just got recurve bows and some carbon arrows from Eagle's Flight Archery in Mebane and are excited to start practicing archery (we know the absolute basics), but we don't know where we can legally and safely practice at. My friend lives in Raleigh and I live in Southern Pines in Moore County. We both live in apartments, so no place to shoot at hay bales at. He doesn't really want to go to an archery range since you have to pay every time and we're both on limited budgets. Does anyone know of any places in or around Moore County or Raleigh/Wake County where we could practice? Or is an archery range really the only place to go? Thank you!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Unless someone opens up their private property a archery range or archery club is your best bet. There is a archery club in Wake that has a 3d target course with varying ranges 15-45 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Join the NC Bowhunters Association.
There you will find like minded bowmen, places to shoot, camping and year round archery hunts/camping [bowfishing is going on now].
Google NCBA and search their site.
Welcome aboard.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
You can practice on Game Lands as long as it's not any of these.
Butner-Falls of Neuse, Jordan, Kerr Scott, and Vance game lands, unless: written permission has been received from the District
Commander.

Prolly shouldn't carry broadheads. LOL...

Call your local game warden and ask.