Place to stay in Greenville NC....

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I’m a bit of a pro at hotels in Greenville. I lived in one there for a year. Just do yourself a favor. Stay at the drury inn. Great rooms and breakfast and supper and if you happen to drink each room attendant get three free drinks on the house. Actually cooked breakfast and dinner. Or you could go to crab de jour

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I’m a bit of a pro at hotels in Greenville. I lived in one there for a year. Just do yourself a favor. Stay at the drury inn. Great rooms and breakfast and supper and if you happen to drink each room attendant get three free drinks on the house. Actually cooked breakfast and dinner. Or you could go to crab de jour

There is no Drury Inn in Greenville NC so assume you mean Greenville SC....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Parker’s BBQ is almost as good as Pizza Hut’s BBQ

Thank God someone agrees with me. I had it ONCE.....glad I tried it to say that it wasn't all that. I've had better pork from the Chinese restaurant off the buffet 10 minutes before it closed

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
25+ years ago, the Parker's BBQ on Greenville Blvd near 10th Street sold chicken bags. A large bag had 4 pcs of Chicken and about a dozen hushpuppies. Man that was some good eating for a fat college kid.
Still is. I haven't had parkers bbq in a while as Sam jones has become my go to for bbq.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
25+ years ago, the Parker's BBQ on Greenville Blvd near 10th Street sold chicken bags. A large bag had 4 pcs of Chicken and about a dozen hushpuppies. Man that was some good eating for a fat college kid.

I still get me a chicken bag at least once a month....I live 5 mins from that location and its on the way home from work.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like B's but don't go for the fancy atmosphere 😉 you're better off going take out so you don't see it.
One of the family members works with me now. They say they can't upgrade because they would have to bring everything up to code and they say they can't spend that kind of money. Who knows.

TH7

Eight Pointer
Went to Bs yesterday. Inside was not open, not sure if they've had it like that since Covid or don't plan to open inside back up. I do not have any info on where to stay. Went to Carolina Caliber for the first time and was impressed with how many guns they have for the size of the shop.

Attachments

• 20220602_134654.jpg
    20220602_134654.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 22

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Went to Bs yesterday.
Glad to see not everything in this world has changed. Looks exactly like it did 17 years ago when I lived close by.

I can still remember absolutely starving on a Saturday, going by around 1:00, and they were sold out. The disappointment has stuck with me.

Reactions: TH7

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, Here's my opinion:

I was @ ECU today looking a roof. Left out heading back to the office and decided to stop at Sam Jones BBQ

#1, Damn, that was expensive. I got the 3 meat combo and added ribs instead of turkey.

#2, Ribs were good. I would like to try some from @QBD2 to see how they compare. Smoked, no sauce

#3, Smoked Chicken Breast, Good taste but dry, should have got the leg quarter

#4, I want their BBQ to be good, but it just isn't. I was alright today, but not good.

Just a fatboy's opinion

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Well, Here's my opinion:

I was @ ECU today looking a roof. Left out heading back to the office and decided to stop at Sam Jones BBQ

#1, Damn, that was expensive. I got the 3 meat combo and added ribs instead of turkey.

#2, Ribs were good. I would like to try some from @QBD2 to see how they compare. Smoked, no sauce

#3, Smoked Chicken Breast, Good taste but dry, should have got the leg quarter

#4, I want their BBQ to be good, but it just isn't. I was alright today, but not good.

Just a fatboy's opinion
The smoked turkey is what I eat there. I like the Q better than Parkers, but it’s not as good as his father’s or B’s in my opinion.

Since the announcement that the Texas Longhorns are coming to Greenville, I’ve wondered if they’ll stoop to eating any ENC BBQ.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The smoked turkey is what I eat there. I like the Q better than Parkers, but it’s not as good as his father’s or B’s in my opinion.

Since the announcement that the Texas Longhorns are coming to Greenville, I’ve wondered if they’ll stoop to eating any ENC BBQ.
Considering it's 2 different food groups, I hope they at least try it.