Pistol braces illegal in 60 days

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
All 4+ million of them
When you think about it and the total number of them....
They are being sold as a part of many guns out there factory.

They must have stock in the 10's of thousands at sig, smith, ruger.......
Then all the shops that have many in stock....

It will not go over good....
But for the fact throw out an item worth 150$ or spend 200$ and do what the frig you want with it....

Was planned to do some Form 1s just waiting to see what the game is they want us to play.

We should not need to but I will pay the 200$ just to rub it in their face...

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
And most likely certain government agencies and their employees will be exempt from these laws. :mad:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The Clinton gun ban prohibited the manufacturing, importation and selling of said gun parts/entire guns. The Clinton gun ban did not prohibit the possession of said parts/guns legally obtained pre ban.

Are you guys saying sleepy Joe will make millions of Americans felons with the stroke of a pen, or will this be like the Clinton gun ban?

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Not sure what they will do, a grandfather clause of some sort. Throwing 4+ million items in an already over loaded NFA system will not be productive. Iā€™m sure this will stay held up in the courts for a while.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure what they will do, a grandfather clause of some sort. Throwing 4+ million items in an already over loaded NFA system will not be productive. Iā€™m sure this will stay held up in the courts for a while.
Yep and theh would also need to deal with the item of what can you do it can't with the item after that point.

If they declared it a SBR and require a form 1, if it takes 2 years for them to deal with the paperwork are you free to use and carry it with proof you filed a form 1?

For a normal form 1 the gun or item does not exist. It is to build a proposed item.
In this case the declare it a SBR. So you already have a SBR. You are not building or transfer of the item.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Same mess as with the Honey Badger, had to form 1 a factory ā€œrifleā€ which technically should have been a form 4 not a form 1. If we are all going to have to NFA all these weapons of war undo the 1986 legislation. Iā€™ll pay my 200 but let it be stocked and select fire.
My concern would be they change things and add something like SBP for short barrel pistol brace and dont let you add a stock or some BS like that.

I am heading out on a boating trip soon and offering to dispose of your soon to be illegal AR15 pistol. No need to disassemble it, you can drop it off here as is. Just put it in a box on my porch.

I've got 20 years experience boating in NC waters. You can trust me to find the deepest, darkest spot of some secluded lake the ATF will never find.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
So, how are they going to determine when the brace was purchased if it was purchased separately? I'm thinking about buying a bunch of braces and adding them to the buffer tube later.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
It wonā€™t matter when you buy them, word is there will be no grandfather clause. They will be SBRs across the board if barrel less than 16 inches no matter what brace is attached. Probably not a good investment at this time at 200 per stamp.