Pisgah gamelands

trkr85

Button Buck
So I’m interested in deer hunting the pisgah game lands next season, however, I’ve been looking at the game lands maps and I haven’t seen many hunter access points. I was wondering if anyone had much information on this, any help and guidance is much appreciated!

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Burke and Caldwell Counties have the most deer on the forest than other counties, if that matters.

There are access points off of many major roads through the forest.

You can search the site for past threads on the Pisgah using the search function at the top

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
What ol copper said you don't need a parking lot their like you see on lot state land pick spot and start walking. And as far as Caldwell co having most deer that's not really true the county as when is fair but its mostly in south and east ends on private land the national forest section is tough hunting not lot deer come off there but there are enough to go hunt just gonna take some boot leather to find em

trkr85

Button Buck
There are 37,000 miles of dirt roads in the Pisgah. Pull over and start hunting.

You are pretty much good to go, as long as you ain't blocking a gate somewhere.
Ok cool, I was mainly wondering if you could pretty much just hunt anwywhere through out there unless it’s otherwise posted or if you had to pretty much stay on designated game lands

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Ok cool, I was mainly wondering if you could pretty much just hunt anwywhere through out there unless it’s otherwise posted or if you had to pretty much stay on designated game lands
Pisgah is actually national forest except for few small pieces state land with hunting treated like gameland it won't all even be marked maps will be helpful in finding out way spots and boundries

trkr85

Button Buck
Pisgah is actually national forest except for few small pieces state land with hunting treated like gameland it won't all even be marked maps will be helpful in finding out way spots and boundries
Gotcha, thanks for the help!!

trkr85

Button Buck
And don’t buy into that 37,000 mile figure!!
Lol yea I had a feelin that figure was probably a bit of a stretch lol, either way I’ma give it a shot out there next year, I’m originally from Vermont so I’m used to hunting mountains which is what I like and when I was coming through that area the other day for work I just thought this feels like back home out here!