Pinhoti Project

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Who are their sponsors so i can buy their stuff to support this undertaking?
One of these is worth a zillion deer tower murder shows. :)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
that scene from day 6 where the turkey was getting ready to fly down and he spun him around with a cluck was outstanding.

I am a big fan of getting close while they are on the roost and that footage was just perfect. He only called when he saw the turkey stretch out to fly down in a direction he did not want him to go. Super detail that you seldom see unless you are doing it yourself.

any of you can tell me the "do not miss" episodes if you like.
Glad I am just getting started on them. need a fix for the itch. :)

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
You just starting? #68.

And honestly, the last episode was the worst. Stalking a yard bird with a bum leg. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

I know you can't tell how close is bird is by sound on tv but I thought they should have moved closer to the bird at first light that vanished on them.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I took a break after binge watching a few months ago... until the other night

Still great turkeys videos BUT I swear Chubs can’t sit still

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the public land hunter interference show #17 was cute
"We gonna be first" the parting line and theme for us that play on public.
they are some kind souls dealing with a hunter coming from behind them going past them to a gobbling turkey.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Well done, Dave! I bought one of his shirts to help fund future hunts. I hope they can continue to keep it rolling.

His calling makes me realize how medicore my calling is. It must sound good enough though.

Jim

KrisB

Ten Pointer
i think you should try to watch all of them.

I agree with wolfman. Try to watch them all. If I had to pick favorites, I'd pick Day 4 (because you see how much Dave loves and respects the turkeys), Day 8 (they help a guy who is 79 get an Osceola), Day 41 (because of the coyotes almost going after Squirrel), and Day 73 (delayed double!). Day 68 is also a great one! A real chess match, as someone said before.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i should have made a top ten list. getting close to spring and time to watch some reruns since nothing new is on.
yes feel free to do that. There will be others like me playing catch up.
I'm learning their format so just hitting the "good parts" now when I view.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I binge watched em and he’s deff good and a novice can lear a lot about setting up and calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I watched a few last night. What I like most is he sure isn't shy about calling. I am a turkey novice but seems like everybody says less is more with the calling.......not so sure from my limited experience I agree. Like most things in hunting.........it depends.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I watched a few last night. What I like most is he sure isn't shy about calling. I am a turkey novice but seems like everybody says less is more with the calling.......not so sure from my limited experience I agree. Like most things in hunting.........it depends.
Correct it depends I always let the bird let me know what he wants sometimes you can call to much and he'll either shy away or stand in one spot and gobble but not move. Other birds you can pour it to them and they come in on string this also changes as to what part season your in. This is called checking a birds temperature. One thing to always remember is start soft and little calling you can always crank it up but if you start off firring away you could spook him off without giving yourself a chance. I love the toms that just can't get enough makes for fun hunting

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
please do not fall into that less is more trap.
use ray eye as an offset to that mantra. he has a zillion you tube deals to give his version on calling.
the fact is that hunters get biased based on their experiences. today most are killed with no calling needed.
If you are sitting where they are going you sure don't have to call. just wait. so now that crowd becomes almost afraid to call.
and pushses that less calling is perfect scenario.

you are wise at this stage to seek out all the ways to play and see what you think is fun.
and that "It depends" statement is all I heard from those trying to help me when I got started. I wanted absolutes; they knew better and tried to teach me.
As a self described novice you are way ahead knowing that.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Another thing about Dave is he throws that patience is a virtue thing right out the window. I hear so many people say patience kills more gobblers than anything else and it's true to an extent, but you can also patience yourself out of a lot of gobbling turkeys. Dave leaves a lot of turkeys to find that one that is ready to die.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Starfan

Eight Pointer
I just started watching this today. This is real turkey hunting. I love the fact that you don’t know if they are going to kill the bird or not. I’ve not watched one of those other shows for years because they make me sick. Thank you gentlemen for showing us that were not informed that there is still real hunting to watch.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Random thought after watching the Kentucky snowy day double episode.
Both were killed off camera. Which is fine BUT
It makes you really appreciate Cuz Strickland's work on the early Primos turkey videos.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Speaking of, I sat through a new Primos turkey hunt on youtube last night.. The whole "There are no staged scenes" has gone out the window.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I like the pinhoti project mostly because a lot of the kills aren't caught on video. I know what a turkey flopping looks like. It's all the other stuff they capture that I appreciate the most. Some of my favorite episodes of the whole project were ones where no shots were fired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk