Picture perfect coyote.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Without a picture.

I truly like the looks of coyotes.

IMO, the image of a healthy coyote in full winter fur traversing across a wind blown, snow covered field is one of nature's most awe inspiring sights. Seriously. Almost chokes me up.

Almost.

Had to shoot it, though, because I hate them.

And no, no pic, because I didn't play the wind and I gut shot the damn thing, and had to put a couple more down range to ease it's passing. It was kind of a mess. Snow really accentuates the carnage..

Beautiful dog before that though.

But not too bright this one. I mean, right behind the house against a snow covered field.. 🙄.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Shot all to hell? In the snow?!!! Come on, post it up, we can handle it:devilish:
At this point I'd have to walk out there, and I'm already in the wood burning stove mode.

In retrospect, maybe I should've grabbed the phone 1st and took a pic when the scene was majestic.

But the rifle was in my hand like Mjolnir.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
At this point I'd have to walk out there, and I'm already in the wood burning stove mode.

In retrospect, maybe I should've grabbed the phone 1st and took a pic when the scene was majestic.

But the rifle was in my hand like Mjolnir.

There is always tomorrow. The buzzards wouldn't even touch the coyote I shot this past fall.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
There is always tomorrow. The buzzards wouldn't even touch the coyote I shot this past fall.
Same way with the last one I left. I found it surprising that a dead critter in a wide open field wouldn't get buzzard play.

But the Grinners got to it.