Pics

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks a lot fellers. Now every time I see a deer I imagine what it would look like with a pack of dogs behind it. And every time I see a dog I imagine what it looks like with a deer in front of it

Nothing like it buddy. I don't care to shoot a deer or much of anything unless a dog is running it. I do still hunt a little bit haven't pulled the trigger still hunting since 2015. Yesterday evening had a fat doe come in by herself about 5:10. I watched her in scope for a few than say the gun down. I do the same with most bucks unless he is extremely nice. Now running dogs I am no where nearly as selective.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Nothing like it buddy. I don't care to shoot a deer or much of anything unless a dog is running it. I do still hunt a little bit haven't pulled the trigger still hunting since 2015. Yesterday evening had a fat doe come in by herself about 5:10. I watched her in scope for a few than say the gun down. I do the same with most bucks unless he is extremely nice. Now running dogs I am no where nearly as selective.
Yeah I could see that for. I bet the hot races sound awesome when a deer and the dogs are wide open

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I do pretty much the same. I still take some from the stand for the freezer. However, since the two buck limit in the East I have even stand hunted less, a hole lot less. I would rather take a deer in front of our hounds and this year I have done exactly that. I have loved it too. Back too enjoying hunting. Gotta love it.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I see the snake boots......gotta have them in that area I would assume.
For a piece of mind, I guess. See a lot of people wearing regular boots. I prefer to, at least be on the cautious side. There are rattlesnakes and cottonmouths here for sure. Don't ever want to know if they work or not either. I'm not sure the boots are helping when going across the larger ditchs in warm weather, when you have to claw your way back up out of it.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I see the snake boots......gotta have them in that area I would assume.
We had a young fellow kill a cottonmouth Saturday. First real "wild" snake him and another young fellow had ever seen. I tell folks all the time, you do not have to go to New York or even Charlotte to find young folks who are not experienced in the outdoors.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I wear snake boots year round...I have seen several Cottonmouths in Jan and Feb.
Me too...there was a rattlesnake killed on our club with snow on the ground once...Richmond county. I have never walked up on one that I knew about in the woods but I bet I have walked past a bunch of them and never knew it! Snake boots are a small price to pay.

Reactions: DRS