Pics

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Havent seen any dead deer pics from the dog clubs lately....post em up fellas!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I will try to get some pics this weekend and next week. We hunted yesterday but didn't set any records.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I seen the one that your feller killed. Seen his “apology for not listening to ya” too 🤣
There has some real hogs been killed in the general area. People can say what they want about GL but you put enough dogs in those thickets they are going to come out. There was a real bruiser missed several times Monday evening and had the standers done what the old times told them to he would have been in their lap, but noooo they got impatient and moved.

Those old timers aren't necessarily "smart" but they have already made all those mistakes numerous times. They are just trying to stop them from happening over and over again, just like the ones before us were when they told us to go sit our ass still and stay to we were told to come out. LOL

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
There has some real hogs been killed in the general area. People can say what they want about GL but you put enough dogs in those thickets they are going to come out. There was a real bruiser missed several times Monday evening and had the standers done what the old times told them to he would have been in their lap, but noooo they got impatient and moved.

Those old timers aren't necessarily "smart" but they have already made all those mistakes numerous times. They are just trying to stop them from happening over and over again, just like the ones before us were when they told us to go sit our ass still and stay to we were told to come out. LOL
Hahah I love it. That’s one of my favorite things about it. All different generations and experience levels out there together. Sometimes a well oiled machine, sometimes a aggravated dysfunctional family

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Very nice......tell whoever does the clubs website to update with more pics, yall kill some nice ones.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another monster killed Friday. Sat I saw another one that anyone would be proud to kill within 300 yards of where I saw the one the Sat. before that was the biggest I had ever seen down there. Again standing there with a leash in my hand waiting on dogs.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Another monster killed Friday. Sat I saw another one that anyone would be proud to kill within 300 yards of where I saw the one the Sat. before that was the biggest I had ever seen down there. Again standing there with a leash in my hand waiting on dogs.
Been there, cried about that!

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
She was not wide open but she was 3/4 throttle coming through a pine/hardwoods. Shot her just a hair over 50 yards with one of my hand loaded buckshot. I am really enjoying loading and shooting my own buckshot. Wish I had started this years ago. Trophy to me and some good eating.

Attachments

• 2ndDoe.jpg
    2ndDoe.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 33

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Oh yeah. Now it is no big deal. I can say the biggest buck I ever saw came off of a State park and into a block we were hunting. He literally walked down the side of the road ditch and crossed about 50 yards in front of my truck. My shotgun got hung on the cord for my tracking box/antenna as I tried to get it out of the truck.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Lets see him!

What county are you hunting?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ncdeerhunterRC

Four Pointer
Richmond County has been a hot spot for nice bucks this year. Here are some that we've killed. The 8pt from 10-24 was 24 inches wide and scored 150 2/8

Attachments

• 8pt 10-24-20.jpg
    8pt 10-24-20.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 125
  • BB 8pt 10-24-20 v9.jpg
    BB 8pt 10-24-20 v9.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 8pt 10-31-20.jpg
    8pt 10-31-20.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Main 9pt 11-21-20.jpg
    Main 9pt 11-21-20.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 121

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There are some Big freaking deer that get killed in front of hounds in Scotland County....
Some hunters frown on dog hunting but I guarantee you shooting that big buck running wide open is hell of alot harder that making that shot with a rifle scope as the deer eats corn .

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There are some Big freaking deer that get killed in front of hounds in Scotland County....
Some hunters frown on dog hunting but I guarantee you shooting that big buck running wide open is hell of alot harder that making that shot with a rifle scope as the deer eats corn .

You hunted with Albemarle any ?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Thanks a lot fellers. Now every time I see a deer I imagine what it would look like with a pack of dogs behind it. And every time I see a dog I imagine what it looks like with a deer in front of it