PICS ADDED: The 2022 Terra Ceia Christian School Oyster Roast & 10-Gun Raffle

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Hi everyone, I have failed you in not getting this out sooner and I apologize! We got our ten guns in (plus two "lesser" guns for some of the side-raffles) and everything is a GO for January 15th at 6pm!

Raffle tickets are $100 which include all-you-can-eat wood-fired oysters, shrimp, and flounder (!) and a chance to win ALL TEN GUNS.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.tccschool.com or by calling the school at (252) 943-2485. Melissa and Irene will take good care of you when you call. (You could also call me - I'd be glad to help - but going directly to the school/online might be the quickest/best way by eliminating any "middle man". :)

Here are the guns we've got:

RIFLES:
  1. Tikka T3x Lite - Camo - 308 Win
  2. Bergara Ridge - 6.5 Creedmoor
  3. Ruger Precision Rifle Custom Shop - 6mm Creedmoor.
  4. Savage 110 Timberline Camo - 28 Nosler
  5. Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II with Red-Dot - 5.56
SHOTGUNS:
  1. Benelli Super Black Eagle 3 - 12 ga
  2. Franchi Instinct L - Walnut - 12 ga
  3. Tristar Viper G2 Silver - Walnut - 28 ga
  4. CZ USA Redhead Premier All-Terrain - 20 ga
  5. Retay Masai Mara Camo - 20 ga

This is a great event. There are a number of threads on this forum about past events. I know a few of you have been here before and have had good (great) things to say about it. I believe @woodmoose wants me to secure him a ticket. :) My previous thread included photos from last events. I can't look that link up now but might add it later.

We'd love to have you!

oyster roast 2022 flyer.JPG
0121171842a.jpg
oyster17_007.jpg
IMG_20200118_1823501.jpg

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Photos from PAST EVENTS!!

A little video of how the event is set up. One of the neatest things is the atmosphere, the fellowship, and fun as most people enjoy standing at an oyster table, shucking oysters, and throwing the shells in the hole in the middle of the table. Oysters are brought to your table by students from the school.
VID_20200118_182440.jpg

Everyone facing the stage as the drawing begins.
IMG_20200118_195645.jpg

Last edited:

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Photos from PAST EVENTS!!

Some of the rifles from the last event. That Henry was gorgeous!
0121172026a.jpg

I told you it was. :)
IMG_20200118_192832.jpg

Chuck Williams & The Carolina Steamers play hard all evening!
IMG_20200118_180856.jpg

oyster17_004.jpg

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hi everyone, I have failed you in not getting this out sooner and I apologize! We got our ten guns in (plus two "lesser" guns for some of the side-raffles) and everything is a GO for January 15th at 6pm!

Raffle tickets are $100 which include all-you-can-eat wood-fired oysters, shrimp, and flounder (!) and a chance to win ALL TEN GUNS.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.tccschool.com or by calling the school at (252) 943-2485. Melissa and Irene will take good care of you when you call. (You could also call me - I'd be glad to help - but going directly to the school/online might be the quickest/best way by eliminating any "middle man". :)

Here are the guns we've got:

RIFLES:
  1. Tikka T3x Lite - Camo - 308 Win
  2. Bergara Ridge - 6.5 Creedmoor
  3. Ruger Precision Rifle Custom Shop - 6mm Creedmoor.
  4. Savage 110 Timberline Camo - 28 Nosler
  5. Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II with Red-Dot - 5.56
SHOTGUNS:
  1. Benelli Super Black Eagle 3 - 12 ga
  2. Franchi Instinct L - Walnut - 12 ga
  3. Tristar Viper G2 Silver - Walnut - 28 ga
  4. CZ USA Redhead Premier All-Terrain - 20 ga
  5. Retay Masai Mara Camo - 20 ga

This is a great event. There are a number of threads on this forum about past events. I know a few of you have been here before and have had good (great) things to say about it. I believe @woodmoose wants me to secure him a ticket. :) My previous thread included photos from last events. I can't look that link up now but might add it later.

We'd love to have you!

View attachment 82499
View attachment 82500
View attachment 82503
View attachment 82504

bought my ticket online so should be good - see you on the 15th (y):mosh::cool:

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Doubt I’ll make it but bought a couple tickets for the raffle online yesterday. I guess they’ll send a email or something?

witler

Eight Pointer
I regret not being able to attend, will miss the fellowship and good food.
Question: Does a ticket holder have to be present to win? How will winning tickets be announced ?

Oops, that was two questions.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I regret not being able to attend, will miss the fellowship and good food.
Question: Does a ticket holder have to be present to win? How will winning tickets be announced ?

Oops, that was two questions.
Winner does NOT need to be present to win. A gun will be chosen for that person.

Edit (1/10/2022): OOPS @witler. That was only one answer. ;) The drawing occurs live on stage. Your phone # will be on the ticket stub and you will be contacted. Maybe your email, too? I can't remember if that's on the stub.

Last edited:

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Doubt I’ll make it but bought a couple tickets for the raffle online yesterday. I guess they’ll send a email or something?
First, thank you for buying tickets!

I can't recall exactly how that would work because I don't buy them offline myself. I can ask for you. Woodmoose probably knows better than me cuz I think he's done it before.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
really thinking of going with my girls. food sounds good. What's the cut off to get tickets?

hawkman

Eight Pointer
The side-raffles will include two guns in addition to eight other items:
  • Henry 22 Mag Lever Action
  • Mossberg 88 12 ga pump
  • 1. 9 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven
  • Solo Stove Smokeless Fire Pit
  • $200 Spoon River Restaurant (Belhaven) Gift Certificate (amazing place if you haven't been) :)
  • Hand Carved Swan
  • Fishing Rod and Tackle
  • Hummingbird Cake
  • Brümate Cooler
  • Blackstone Grill
Students from the school will mill around with rolls of tickets. I believe they are $20 for 10 tickets. You put, however, many you want in the bucket that is labeled as corresponding with the item you're interested in.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
really thinking of going with my girls. food sounds good. What's the cut off to get tickets?

Usually, we have a few left at the door. Invariably, someone who took ten to sell shows up with a few that didn't sell. I can't guarantee it, though. Otherwise, there's no cutoff. However, it might be best to try by Friday before 3pm (school hours), although she will be working on it Friday evening and into Saturday I'm sure.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
we will be there. bringing my employee and his wife also. they said it's more an adult event but I am bringing my 2 (16 & 17) they have 2 you get kids. I guess we will leave them home. lol

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Any chance this gets moved? I know this is at least the 2nd time weather has affected some from going. Why is this always in January?

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Hi guys,

Short Story: Band Change: Russell Johnson of Diamond Creek and formerly The Grass Cats.

Our band had to cancel due to the health of a band member and couldn't find an available replacement for that instrument, and we thought we were cooked until some hardworking folks found Russell Johnson of Diamond Creek Bluegrass Band (and formerly of the Grass Cats!) to join us with some of his bandmates. I think everyone on stage is either a current or former member of those bands!

The music will be stellar!

Still, a few tickets left from what I understand.

Sorry to hear about the weather affecting the plans of some folks. We'd have loved to have you here.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
we will be there. bringing my employee and his wife also. they said it's more an adult event but I am bringing my 2 (16 & 17) they have 2 you get kids. I guess we will leave them home. lol
There are certainly younger folks there. The school's students, first of all, are distributing oysters to the tables (no lineup!) and serving ice tea and dessert, etc. Fair bit of young adults there, too. We look forward to seeing you!