Philip Rivers

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Couldn't find the old thread so starting a new one.

He just became the 14th QB in NFL history to win 100 regular season games as a starter.

He becomes the 13th QB in NFL history to win 100 regular season games for a single franchise.

Of those 13 QB's to win 100 regular season games, 8 are currently in the Hall of Fame.

The 5 that aren't....

Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Tom Brady

And Philip Rivers.

Congrats to him on another Hall of Fame worthy achievement!

pikepole20

Button Buck
He has been a consistly great quarterback on some teams that were not very good. A team player.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Couldn't find the old thread so starting a new one.

He just became the 14th QB in NFL history to win 100 regular season games as a starter.

He becomes the 13th QB in NFL history to win 100 regular season games for a single franchise.

That's hilarious. 90% of post here River's and Wilson take over thread. I see he is filling the stands in LA.

Of those 13 QB's to win 100 regular season games, 8 are currently in the Hall of Fame.

The 5 that aren't....

Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Tom Brady

And Philip Rivers.

Congrats to him on another Hall of Fame worthy achievement!
That's hilarious, 90% of post here turn into Rivers and Wilson.

Papa_Smurf

Ten Pointer
Contributor
All 5 of those are pretty much a shoe in for HOF eventually...and he will most likely get in as well.

Good company for Rivers for sure.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The problem with Rivers is that the other 5 QBs are in line to the HOF in front of him. Since it is unlikely two QBs will be voted in the same year, he will need to wait awhile.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
The problem with Rivers is that the other 5 QBs are in line to the HOF in front of him. Since it is unlikely two QBs will be voted in the same year, he will need to wait awhile.
^ all with SB wins as well.

all valid points and a hindrance to any HOF selection for Rivers.

Was a great recruit for O'Cain. It would have been interesting to see what they would have accomplished. I bet Amato still sends Rivers presents for extending his career as Head Coach in Raleigh.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
all valid points and a hindrance to any HOF selection for Rivers.

Was a great recruit for O'Cain. It would have been interesting to see what they would have accomplished. I bet Amato still sends Rivers presents for extending his career as Head Coach in Raleigh.
He was a 2 star recruit. No 2 star recruit is labeled "great" at the time.

Amato didn't have much to do with his coming to Raleigh.He made the final pitch to Philip and his father. Joe Pate who recruited Rivers, was the only holdover from O'Cains staff was his recruiter.

Alabama and Auburn recruited him as a TE.

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
He was a 2 star recruit. No 2 star recruit is labeled "great" at the time.

Amato didn't have much to do with his coming to Raleigh.He made the final pitch to Philip and his father. Joe Pate who recruited Rivers, was the only holdover from O'Cains staff was his recruiter.

Alabama and Auburn recruited him as a TE.
You should charge $ for that education....

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
Did not see anything in there where it mentioned Amato. Funny I was spot on with my assessment.

Rivers was an O'Cain recruit that stayed committed via Pate. Amato still should be sending Rivers gifts as he would have been fired without him at QB.

And some of these wolfpeckers think they have a monopoly on facts or knowledge.
Your Wolfpack history should be accurate, you have 2 smart sisters that are NC State alum....per your posts

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Did not see anything in there where it mentioned Amato. Funny I was spot on with my assessment.

Rivers was an O'Cain recruit that stayed committed via Pate. Amato still should be sending Rivers gifts as he would have been fired without him at QB.

And some of these wolfpeckers think they have a monopoly on facts or knowledge.
Didn't I just say that earlier?

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Rivers is now #7 in TD passes....likely to pass another HOF'er in Fran Tarkenton by the end of season and move into 6th.

He's also 10th in yards...getting ready to pass Warren Moon to move into 9th.

He's having another great season....12th consecutive season passing for 3000 yards or more. The Bolts are also making a big time push for the playoffs in the AFC, currently tied for the division lead.

Looking like he'll receive his 7th Pro Bowl invitation later this year. That'll be 3rd most among active QB's behind Brady and Brees. 7 selections will also move him 8th most Pro Bowl selections in a career.

That yellow jacket will look nice!

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Never seen men go so far out of their way to get a rise out of each other.
If one of you were a woman I'd tell ya to just **** and get it over with.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
LMAO! TRUTH!

I nominate this post ^ for Post of the Week. :D

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns

sent from...... Tapatalk
And you and others can't stay away.....lol

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
And you and others can't stay away.....lol
Your right, I should listen to that old saying of "never argue with a idiot they will only bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."

I'll make ya a deal though, if you quit posting here I'll quit replying.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
Your right, I should listen to that old saying of "never argue with a idiot they will only bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."

I'll make ya a deal though, if you quit posting here I'll quit replying.

sent from...... Tapatalk
Who's arguing?

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

sent from...... Tapatalk
Now that's Funny:p:D

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Maybe the Chargers can make it to the playoffs this year. I hate Rivers big mouth on the field but he is a good qb on a mediocre team. He has matured the last few years as a NFL pro.