Pet Peeves?

timber

Twelve Pointer
Guess one that stuck with me the longest is a chain saw. It was almost a common occurrence on Saturday morning when dropped the tailgate to turn out the deer dogs somebody was going start a chain saw to cut fire wood. Sometimes seemed like you could hear them for miles

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
People that pull up to a gas island at a convenience store blocking a pump just to get out to get a drink or snack and come back out and take off, pumping no gas.

DejaVu. Happened today, tank door wasn’t even on the pump side, when he came out he sat for a few minutes longer. I was sitting there thinking it’s a shame it’s not legal for me to push him out of my way.

ezdemon72

Six Pointer
Well, I'm sure the bike riders also have vehicles that they in turn help with the cost, but the simple fact remains that our highways are paid for and maintained by revenue from FUEL tax. Bicycles use no fuel for a tax to be collected on, that maintains our roads, rails or ferry systems.
Yes, they have rights to utilize those systems. No, the ownership of said transportation does not help pay for said right of ways.
It’s not transportation when you’re riding for recreation..

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It’s not transportation when you’re riding for recreation..

Not the gist of my statement, but...

From the Cambridge English Dictionary:
"a vehicle or system of vehicles, such as buses, trains, etc. for getting from one place to another: Bicycles are a cheap and efficient form / means of transportation."

Transportation is not exclusive to only business or need travel. It does include pleasure and recreational use...

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Not the gist of my statement, but...

From the Cambridge English Dictionary:
"a vehicle or system of vehicles, such as buses, trains, etc. for getting from one place to another: Bicycles are a cheap and efficient form / means of transportation."

Transportation is not exclusive to only business or need travel. It does include pleasure and recreational use...

Let me guess, you ride a bike

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
Just driving related things if I had to say, everything thing else I might shake my head then ignore and forget it.
Not much use getting worked up over something you can't control, peace out .

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
adding to above thread: last night after eating supper and walking to car, a beat up sedan pulled into handicap spot and large black male proceeded to walk into restaurant with no placard like the spot was reserved for him. Show no respect get no respect.
Seen justice once with a similar individual at a gas station in Greenville.
Joker pulled up to practically the front door, windows down, crap music blaring. Leave the music blaring while he goes into the store.
Cops walks right in and lays it on him. Belittled him in front of the everyone in the store, and people clapped!!!
it was awesome.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Joker pulled up to practically the front door, windows down, crap music blaring. Leave the music blaring while he goes into the store.
Cops walks right in and lays it on him. Belittled him in front of the everyone in the store, and people clapped!!!
it was awesome.

No ganja smell? Seen a couple of dumb...do that. Lucky le didn't show. That would have been funny.

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
it was awesome.
Peeve on that one is a perfectly healthy individual using someone else's placard and parking the handicapped spot...grrrrr.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Peeve on that one is a perfectly healthy individual using someone else's placard and parking the handicapped spot...grrrrr.

Or the lazy fat asses using the carts for handicap. If my fat ass can walk around, so can you. Never gonna lose an ounce riding a cart around eating a donut drinking a mountain dew.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Or the lazy fat asses using the carts for handicap. If my fat ass can walk around, so can you. Never gonna lose an ounce riding a cart around eating a donut drinking a mountain dew.

I know someone that looked healthy but had a problem. Anal fissure then fissurotomy had been performed but almost too much was cut. Had to be careful with incontinence. Sitting helped greatly. If you ever have an anal fissure, hate it for you!!! Mine healed with topical nitroglycerin. When the urge hits..you'll be like oh God no. When you have a bowl movement, it feels like a shard of glass, in the same spot, for the whole movement. Tears will likely be running down your face.This is not uncommon, but seldom talked about. That's why I'm not quite as judgmental at the cart riders. Chronic diarrhea, oddly enough, can cause one. Just what everyone wanted to hear.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
1. People posting an item in the classifieds and saying "Trade only, not for sale." A sale is a trade, money for item. If you want something gone, take the cash and go "trade" that on what you want.
2. People posting in classifieds "Want to buy, or looking for....." when what they are looking for is already listed for sale. If you are looking for a 30-30, then take a minute and scroll down to see what is available.