Pet Peeves?

OpticalFox70840

Four Pointer
It's a bad issue in our state parks. I wish people gave a damn more about our natural resources. It only stays beautiful if we protect and take care of it and when I see some sloth has tossed down a mountain dew can or a lay's chip bag, I just shake my head in disbelief on the laziness.
I was checking out some of the impoundments on Jordan and it's like no one even thought to pick up their trash. When I say it was all over the place....I mean alllll over the place! They were tossing empty beer cans into a fire and throwing them in the water. It was horrible! I don't understand why people think this is okay in any way. It ruins the beauty of the place, harms wildlife, gets in the way of hunting, and gives all hunters a horrible look even though they probably weren't even hunting themselves. It's just sad.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
runon sentences with absolutely structure no punctuation and piss poor speklling but you strugle to read the entire thing anyways either to get some sense of weather or not there's a vible thought or you sit there wondering if they just poorly educated idiots whose mother wouldn't let them attend school because she was hooked on drugs but it wasn't her fault cause granmomma was on'em to....instead.
Be right back...gonna go check the pm’s I’ve sent ya

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
you SIR, are a HEATHEN!!

hopital corners,,, tucked in on three sides,,,and one fold at top,,, no wrinkles - proper bed making -

drives my wife nuts,,,
At least ya associate it with Uncle Sam. I learned hospital corners too. Unfortunately it was at totally different types of uh....juvenile establishments in my youth. Let’s just say the mere mention of hospital corners reminds me of the smell of sweaty bologna sandwiches, fist fights during rec time, and the amazing lengths a punk kid will go to for a minuscule amount of nicotine 🤣 And don’t get me started on bed saboteurs. Finally get your hospital corners dialed in and some disgruntled homie from west Baltimore messes your bed up between the time you walked out and when they did room checks.
moral of excessively long anecdote:
Cities bad for me. Woods good. Note to self: stay in woods. Chase game not trouble 😎

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Cyclist have the same laws as a car. They are intitled to one lane. Go ahead and hit one and see who's at fault. I've watched this played out in court, and the motorist always loses. Their own testimony usually does them in. " They were holding me up. They're supposed to ride on the right of the white line. I was late for an appointment.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Cyclist have the same laws as a car. They are intitled to one lane. Go ahead and hit one and see who's at fault. I've watched this played out in court, and the motorist always loses. Their own testimony usually does them in. " They were holding me up. They're supposed to ride on the right of the white line. I was late for an appointment.

Yeah.....and I laugh when people use the paying taxes angle .......like they’re paying more taxes than a guy on a $10,000 bike 😆

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah.....and I laugh when people use the paying taxes angle .......like they’re paying more taxes than a guy on a $10,000 bike 😆

Well, I'm sure the bike riders also have vehicles that they in turn help with the cost, but the simple fact remains that our highways are paid for and maintained by revenue from FUEL tax. Bicycles use no fuel for a tax to be collected on, that maintains our roads, rails or ferry systems.
Yes, they have rights to utilize those systems. No, the ownership of said transportation does not help pay for said right of ways.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, I'm sure the bike riders also have vehicles that they in turn help with the cost, but the simple fact remains that our highways are paid for and maintained by revenue from FUEL tax. Bicycles use no fuel for a tax to be collected on, that maintains our roads, rails or ferry systems.
Yes, they have rights to utilize those systems. No, the ownership of said transportation does not help pay for said right of ways.

Oh, that’s just one fallacious argument I’ve heard. We can go on, but they’re all ridiculous.

Hunters should always remember that that there’s WAY more of “them” than there are of us. Run some of those scenarios through and see who you’re willing to cancel.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns

Sure are but they don't have to be a bunch of cocksuckers and ride 20 deep on a major road that is a commute road for alot of others. Share the road goes both ways.

Last edited:

TH7

Eight Pointer
It has been said but leaving shopping carts out. People not picking up there political signs, or other forms of advertising such as an event in October and it's still there in December. Self check out lines.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I love self-checkout line. If I have a choice between a store with or without one, I go to the store with one.

I hate getting behind a person with a cart of 20 items in the 10 item or less express lane.

CarolinaReaper

&$$holes that wait until the very last second to pull out in front of you and their isn’t another car in sight behind you for a mile. And to add insult to injury, he has a beat up utility trailer and drives slow.

Yeah, happen to me this morning on my to work. I mean, if you can clearly see there aren’t any cars behind me, why do that? And to wait right up to the last second to boot? Moron.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I'm not sure the motorist would technically lose

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
You better get used to them. Those wanting $15/hr will ultimately be replaced by them
I'm not sure anyone is actually being replaced by them. Every 4 self checks has a live person overseeing them. Between the id checks, screw ups she has to fix, and the fact that they're not fully utilized; I believe a good cashier could check out the same volume of goods by herself

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not sure anyone is actually being replaced by them. Every 4 self checks has a live person overseeing them. Between the id checks, screw ups she has to fix, and the fact that they're not fully utilized; I believe a good cashier could check out the same volume of goods by herself

Good luck talking a bean counter into that. You don't have to insure or give other benefits/wages to those machines.....buy once, cry once