Pet peeves

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
"Can I borrow a sheet of paper?"

Are you going to erase everything you write down and give it back?

When I smoked, a big one of mine was... "Hey man, you got an extra cigarette?"

Marlboro didn't put 21 in this pack. I'll let you know about the next one.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
Hiring a contractor and getting bad quality of work...replacing HVAC while remodeling ...that is what he did all over on my finished plaster ceilings all over the house

Attachments

• IMG_20190620_165250607.jpg
    IMG_20190620_165250607.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20190620_165210805.jpg
    IMG_20190620_165210805.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190620_165223151.jpg
    IMG_20190620_165223151.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 43

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No, but it can dang sure skew the perception of him. First impressions ya know. Many do not afford the second opinion..

the good thing? I give a hoot about other peoples "first impression" when it comes to hair,,,

I am more interested in
  • how they act
  • how they think
  • how they talk

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Inconsiderate smokers....
Who toss their lit cigarette butts out the car window...
And don't think they are littering...
Who have quit cigarettes and taken up vaping...
Then tell you their 2nd-hand smoke (vapor) is not hazardous...
Who don't understand that Phillip Morris has simply re-packaged the toxins of smoking, and sold it as something else entirely, yet even more dangerous, with flavors that only kids love...

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
the good thing? I give a hoot about other peoples "first impression" when it comes to hair,,,

I am more interested in
  • how they act
  • how they think
  • how they talk

We were doing a job interview one day and the guy showed up wearing dirty pants and tshirt. He had just got off his other job for the interview. The HR rep and the manager sitting in didnt like it and refused him for job outright.

They asked me what I thought and i said hire him. They were surprised and asked me why I would hire him dressed like that.

I brought up someone in the warehouse that was as sorry as they come that they.should have fired. I told them would they hire this bad employee if he came in wearing a suit if they knew how he worked. Of course they said no.......i was simply looking at it from a floor level employee. Hair and how they dress doesn't make them a good worker.

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
Two things that always set the first impression: HAIR and SHOES.
If you can't take care of those two things, how are you going to take care of your other responsibilities?

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
If you can't take care of those two things, how are you going to take care of your other responsibilities?

My grandma, long since passed, born in 1908. She taught my dad this. He taught me. If you hair and your shoes are right, you can get away with some of the stuff in between.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I hate squatted trucks with a tractor exhaust system and people who will not just suck it up and do there job!

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Waiting in the merge lane to get on the interstate 3 lights deep and people dont want to wait or get in the merge lane and try to cut in front of those that have been waiting in the correct lane. Ill run your ass of the road. Your time is not more important than anyone else.
Absolutely, something that drives me crazy. Had one the other week stop beside me, with the left turn signal on. I had to let them in, was concerned another nut was going to come flying down the merging lane and slam them, then possibly involve us. I didn't need that.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
On speaker phone!!!??
At least then you can hear the entire conversation and comment if you like.:D I did that once and the person said I don't want to hear what you have to say. Well, I politely stated I had to listen to your opinion, now you are going to hear mine. Yes, they really pissed me off. LOL

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
People who tell me they are allergic to tylenol, ibuprofen, aleve, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and morphine. But the pain medicine that starts with a "D" is fine.

Another pet peeve, don't tell me your pain is a "10" and you are playing on your cell phone and eating a bag of doritos.

Chronically late people. Everyone has life circumstances that make them late once in a while, but those people that show up late day after day, time after time, they chap my rearend. It's not that hard to get somewhere on time.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I can't stand gas pumps that after I swipe my card, ask me if I want a receipt, if I'm a rewards member, if I want a car wash, if I want lottery tickets, or to put in my zip code before letting me pumps gas. It's so trivial yet chaps my rear every time. Just give me the damn gas!

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
People who tell me they are allergic to tylenol, ibuprofen, aleve, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and morphine. But the pain medicine that starts with a "D" is fine.

Another pet peeve, don't tell me your pain is a "10" and you are playing on your cell phone and eating a bag of doritos.

Chronically late people. Everyone has life circumstances that make them late once in a while, but those people that show up late day after day, time after time, they chap my rearend. It's not that hard to get somewhere on time.

Those same people usually show up in yellow socks and require a "warm" blanket and something to eat or drink ASAP because they "havent ate all day"....OR have abdominal pain but have a McDonald's bag in tow.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Those same people usually show up in yellow socks and require a "warm" blanket and something to eat or drink ASAP because they "havent ate all day"....OR have abdominal pain but have a McDonald's bag in tow.
Yep, another pet peeve of mine. Asking for something to eat or drink as soon as you walk through the hospital doors. This ain't McDonalds. You are here for a medical issue, not to eat. My answer is always the same "Nothing to eat or drink until all your tests are back and the doctor has reviewed them."

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Was just reminded of two more

1. When the only two pumps with diesel are blocked by a gasoline powered vehicle...and all the other pumps are vacant.

2. When cars are parked at a pump and the occupant is inside, usually buying a lottery ticket. Why they can’t pump fuel and then park in a regular place and go inside is beyond me.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
When someone (usually family) offers your kids something you just told them they couldn’t have.

My dad is the worst. Love him to death but if I say dont let my stepsons get McDonalds on the way home he stops for them EVERY time

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
For some of us that have somehow misplaced our hair we got that part covered so we just need good shoes