Pet peeves

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
When you laying there in the middle of the night. You hear it pouring down rain and think I left my window down and my mower sitting out. You get up go put everything away in the middle of the night. Your the only person on a mower at 3am. Only because of another pop up THUNDER STORM. If its going to rain just rain. I dont hate rain because I need the grass to grow but maybe not ever 5 min lol.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
1.People who go 40 mph down the acceleration lane to merge into 80 mph traffic.........

2. All the people in Fearrington Village that stop at the green light..... all day...... everyday

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
The older I'm getting the more I find I have ZERO tolerance for people's ignorance, laziness, disrespectfulness, and stupidness. Sadly it's getting harder and harder to find folks that don't fit at least some of what I mentioned. I like very few, and list is getting smaller each day ?.

Driving probably tops the list.
People's inability to perform the most basic level of self management skills (being able to wake up and plan your commute) and having to drive like a knucklehead to try and get to work and not be late,,,,again. Hint: get up a little earlier and you can take your time.
Driving in such an aggressive manner that they are putting others lives at risk.
Riding down the shoulder during traffic
Moving onto the entrance ramp to pass 4 more cars
Getting passed by some jack leg usually in a no passing zone only to see said jack leg in line at the drive through at bojangles. IDK how they factor in the wait time in line during their trip to their workplace.
The fact that I can witness all of this everyday and there never seems to be an LEO that sees the same.
Charlotte is crazy. I'm sure Raleigh is the same.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Killing scrub bucks
Using turkey decoys especially umbrella ones
Yeti coolers and stickers
Shooting doves off power lines
Sunday hunting.
NC college scandals
And of course cardigans?

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Some jackleg dropping a tailgate and dumping a pack of Walkers on land he doesn't own or has permission to hunt.

When you are by yourself on a pier and you catch two nice spots and a moment later you are surrounded by a crowd of greedy people who behave like you are giving away free money.

Someone puts up a deer stand 50 yards from your property line facing yours.

Someone launches a boat at the ramp and blocks it while he works on his motor.

Skybusting a dove field.

Jet skis. There ought to be a season.

Someone setting up a spread beside you an hour after first light.

Commercial fisherman setting a 500 yard net across the front of your pier.

People abandoning dogs and cats on the side of the road.

People dumping trash on the land of another. Like shingles and old freezers full of rotten meat.

"Hunters for the Hungry Bums" program.

Anyone grinding backstraps into burger should be euthanized.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
One of my biggest peeves is when people put their cell phone on blast volume and then leave it at their desk while they go to an hour long meeting.

One of three things happens when this occurs:

1. I track you down in whatever meeting you're in, interrupt it and hand you your cell phone. Because it "must be important"
  2. If I can't track you down, I will dismiss the call and put the phone in your desk way under neath everything else in there.
  3. I will actually answer the call and tell the person who is calling that you're not available. Then put the phone in the bottom of the desk.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
  1. Far left liberals.
  2. Idiots holding up line trying to decide on lottery tickets.
  3. Idiots filling out lottery tickets at the checkout counter.
  4. Parents who fail to correct misbehaving "brats".
  5. Idiots that don't slow down or move over at wreck scenes.
  6. Idiots rubber necking at wreck scenes.
  7. Idiots that don't yield to an ambulance. Could be the idiot's child or parent in cardiac arrest in said ambulance.
  8. Idiots.
Dang, too many idiots to list them all. Lol

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of my biggest peeves is when people put their cell phone on blast volume and then leave it at their desk while they go to an hour long meeting.

One of three things happens when this occurs:

1. I track you down in whatever meeting you're in, interrupt it and hand you your cell phone. Because it "must be important"
  2. If I can't track you down, I will dismiss the call and put the phone in your desk way under neath everything else in there.
  3. I will actually answer the call and tell the person who is calling that you're not available. Then put the phone in the bottom of the desk.

People who are talking on their cell while conducting business or checking out of a store gets under my skin as well. Not sure why people cant step out of line or say they will call them back. I guess I am a little jaded owning a retail business, but I wont even acknowledge the person until they say something to me and I have interrupted their conversation.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
People who are talking on their cell while conducting business or checking out of a store gets under my skin as well. Not sure why people cant step out of line or say they will call them back. I guess I am a little jaded owning a retail business, but I wont even acknowledge the person until they say something to me and I have interrupted their conversation.

On speaker phone!!!??

Reactions: dpc

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Finding myself saying "thank you" to a cashier when I make a purchase and they reply "no problem". I still can't understand WITH I do this...shouldn't they be thanking me for the purchase?

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Standing in a long line to order food, only to have the person in front of you whose been there for 20 mins finally get to the register and ask for “a minute”.

My wife does this all the time. I have to remind her, "it's McDonalds's, honey, Remember last time?"

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Disrespectful children and sorry arse parents that let them get away with it

Cars with a loud exhaust.... especially 4 cylinders

People that put trash in the back of pickup and expect it to stay there going down the road

People that are always late. Late is late

Folks that do not make eye contact with you when you conversate

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I guess I'm just an ornery old fart as I can relate to almost every one listed here. Although my additional list could probably be as long as afore mentioned, I'll just add a few.. Drivers speeding through a work zone, even more so when it is an active one with people on the ground. People that drive into/through a closed section of road ( then get pissed at me when I make them turn around). Drivers that have absolutely no idea what driver etiquette is. The blatant misuse of the English language. And one that I am periodically guilty of is improper use of said language with misspellings, misspronunciation, etc. Spell check is available mostly and with new technology, sometimes things are changed without realizing it, but many errors are self induced.
Oh, and calling a magazine a "clip" as well as calling wheels "rims". The rim is the part of the wheel that the tire bead attaches to..

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Children with no respect and parents too liberal to discipline them.

People who say "hot water heater" its a water heater, if the water was hot you wouldnt need it.

When people say " I could care less" .... so you care some? Or did you mean "you could NOT care less"

I know seems silly but makes my eye twitch every time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
windows Vista!!!!

ABC stores closed on Sundays!

Walgreens buying rite aid!!!!

Chevy's!!!!!

Unsalted pretzyls!!!!

Snake Oil

Four Pointer
Perfectly healthy young buck parking in a handicap spot to go into the bank/store while leaving his young punk friends in his running car while blaring loud rap music.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Oh. Almost forgot this one. I mostly see it in print but I have heard it spoken as well. I would like to sale this item. You don't sale something. You can sail a boat. You can also sell something. However something can go on sale or be up for sale but you still don't sale it. YA SELL IT!

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Builder who painted my house interior flat paint. 3 kids and a dog. You look at wall and it’s got a hand print/mark.

That cheap crap should be outlawed. Can’t wipe it off unless you you want mark bigger