Personal Best Black Crappie

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You must have been on some good fish.

Keep fishing for them, and that one probably won't hold that spot for too long.

Donovan

Spike
It's unlikely I'll be able to get back to that spot for another week or two, sadly. I'm just grateful I caught em and was able to put a few fillets in the freezer.

But yeah, the plan is to keep fishing.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Didnt you just start fishing Donovan? I seem to remember some threads you started about wanting to catch anything you could?
My point is you are obviously a quick study. If I have made a mistake I apologize.
That's a nice crappie regardless of experience. :)
Congratulations.

Donovan

Spike
Yes and No. Just started taking it seriously the past few years. Still haven't gotten into some of the stuff I want to catch. I got a big blue and a big flathead on my "bucket list" so to speak. That said, I've been real lucky, and real fortunate to bag some of the fish I've caught.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
It's unlikely I'll be able to get back to that spot for another week or two, sadly. I'm just grateful I caught em and was able to put a few fillets in the freezer.

But yeah, the plan is to keep fishing.
It’s only going to get better as it gets colder. Those big gals put the feed sack on.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Nice fish ! I grew up crappie fishing. I still think it's the best eating fish there is.... fry 'em up fresh never frozen in hot peanut oil, with homemade hush puppies, homemade cole slaw.......mmmmmm mmmm !