Permit Game land question

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My question is, on permit only game lands for waterfowl, you generally put in for an impoundment or certain body of water. What if the game land has water bodies not associated with the impoundment, that hold waterfowl? Are you allowed to hunt those areas, so long as you have a permit for the game land?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My question is, on permit only game lands for waterfowl, you generally put in for an impoundment or certain body of water. What if the game land has water bodies not associated with the impoundment, that hold waterfowl? Are you allowed to hunt those areas, so long as you have a permit for the game land?

depends on the gameland

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
depends on the gameland
^^Bingo...^^
Take Butner-Falls; the impoundments are generally permit-only, but you can hunt the rest of the game land without a permit draw.

J Morgan Futch is by Permit only, period.

White Oak has language that says that waterfowl impoundments are by permit only, BUT it further says that waterfowl hunting on certain tracts is by permit only, though they aren't impoundments.

So check that game land's rules. Most of them, you can, but not all.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I can only speak for BFNGL. If you have a permit then you are allowed to hunt the area that is designated by the permit on the day that the permit is designated for. There are other bodies of water including some impoundments that do not require a permit that can be hunted without a permit. They are first come, first served.