Permit draw?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing for me this year. Honestly if you look at the harvest stats for the permits there are only a few that are even worth it.
If you go by chances get picked doesn't stop the applicants I've put in for 14 last 2 years only picked once

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
If you go by chances get picked doesn't stop the applicants I've put in for 14 last 2 years only picked once
Maybe that’s the problem. Seems like turkeys are harder for people to get on and have access to than other species. Most people I would guess falsely assume that bc it’s a permit the odds go up. Some of those permits have years of less than 5 being taken all season.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I am 100%!
Applied for none and drew none🤪

kinda sad..1st year I’m as long as I can remember not applying or having drawn a hunt.

too many other hunts planned already

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe that’s the problem. Seems like turkeys are harder for people to get on and have access to than other species. Most people I would guess falsely assume that bc it’s a permit the odds go up. Some of those permits have years of less than 5 being taken all season.
That number can be misleading based on the size of the gameland. I had a consistent permit draw for a gameland that usually produced 3-5 birds a season but I managed to get one almost every time I was drawn and I got drawn every year but once. I'll say it since it is no longer a gameland - Brunswick.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Got 1/4 for Whitehall..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's the one I didn't get. Would really like to try that place but the only year I got drawn was for the last weekend and I was fortunate enough to have tagged out.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That's the one I didn't get. Would really like to try that place but the only year I got drawn was for the last weekend and I was fortunate enough to have tagged out.

We drew 04/16, saw a few out there in deer season, hopefully they are still hanging around.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Got second hunt at Bladen lakes,hopefully can get on one this,year down ther,sucks,to hint a place full,of,turkeys and can't geton on right. Kids got,youth hunts,on,some,good,spots.NAdA for,sandhills.

Last edited:

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got second hint at Bladen lakes,hopefully can get on one this,year down ther,sucks,to hint a place full,of,turkeys and can't geton on right. Kids got,youth hunts,on,some,good,spots.NAdA for,sandhills.

I don’t know man, I get hints all the time....

np307

Ten Pointer
Decided to focus on trying to find some new spots on some regular game lands this year, so I didn't put in for any. Congrats and good luck to those who drew!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
That number can be misleading based on the size of the gameland. I had a consistent permit draw for a gameland that usually produced 3-5 birds a season but I managed to get one almost every time I was drawn and I got drawn every year but once. I'll say it since it is no longer a gameland - Brunswick.
I can concur
Hunted there 1x (it was the last year it existed) and took a nice gobbler

that place was covered with birds and deer

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
woo hooo!!

got two of my favorite hunts...one the weekend of 4/23/2020 - 4/25/2020 and another the weekend of 5/7/2020 - 5/9/2020

worked out well for other plans I have (guiding etc),,,

the hunt of 4/23/2020 - 4/25/2020 is a repeat hunt where I got real lucky one year,,,back then it was an area I had never been,,,at least this time I have been there once before,,

that hunt the weekend of 5/7/2020 - 5/9/2020 is one where I killed the nicest turky I have ever taken after a 4 hour(ish) chase/hunt,,,looking forward to it again,,,

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Finally drew a permit for John's River GL. Opening day. I've put in for the last 4 years. This is my first.
We were duck hunting out there in December and January, and the turkeys were carrying on so much it was almost annoying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I drew every permit I applied for....

Hey I’m just looking forward to taking my 17mo old on her first youth hunt(y)

Lol!!!!! My son is 16mo, I told my wife last night if he was a couple years older I would be all over some of the leftover hunts..

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got both of mine, and first choice of dates too.. Youth/Adult with the boy child on opening day.. Opening weekend for adult only here at the house and the boy child by himself drew the whole week like he always does of youth on Butner.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Skunked again for the 14th year in a row for the one Ive been trying to draw 😡

Thats over $200 for one chance...very frustrating....

Where are you trying to draw for that is that popular and low of odds..? I draw butner every couple of years and figured that was one of the highest demand ones.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Nope.. if the odds are really that bad no way I would waste the 8 bucks when other places with better odds have plenty of birds.
i'm sorry but you are thinking a bit strange for someone who crosses the country every year to kill a turkey.
$8.00? Really?
personally I dont want to know where ole copper is trying to get drawn, I feel for him.
But we all know that a prized draw area announced by a hunter of his caliber would increase applications.