Permission on 40 acres

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Had to drop by a customer's house to pick up a contract in Rockingham County today. I noticed a very large rub on a tree about 50' into the wood line. Long story short, owner said I'm welcomed to hang a stand or two and hunt next year as well. What can you all tell me about the hunting near Eden? Kind of a far drive for me but I'm putting out a camera next week.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
I work in Eden. I see plenty of deer driving back and forth from there. Finding a place to hunt there is hard to come by. I think it’s definitely worth a shot.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
depending on the particular neighborhood,,, be careful about stands and cameras... I have a 35 acre spot up there that I've had things stolen off of...... Hard to stop it when you don't live nearby.

Also.... I'd make sure that the guy that gave you permission actually owns it,,, and get written permission. I have it on all my places, not sure if it's law in Rockingham county or not... but it's good to have it.

slickhead

Spike
It is required to have written permission from the landowner in Rockingham County. And I agree with Dan Apple. Better lock that camera to the tree depending on the area. Been living there for 20+ years on the NW side. Luckily, I have my own 150 acres.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
depending on the particular neighborhood,,, be careful about stands and cameras... I have a 35 acre spot up there that I've had things stolen off of...... Hard to stop it when you don't live nearby.

Also.... I'd make sure that the guy that gave you permission actually owns it,,, and get written permission. I have it on all my places, not sure if it's law in Rockingham county or not... but it's good to have it.
Part of my job requires checking ownership of land/home. It's theirs. For 25 years I've made it a point to always verify. I got burned a long time ago.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
If you don't have a pop up, take a chair and find a comfortable spot. Maybe just skip the chair and find a comfortable spot. Maybe break off some branches and stick then into the ground around you. Leaves on the branches are great of course, but not required. Just something to break up your outline. If it's your first time hunting there and the wind is right, they won't pay you much attention, unless you move of course...

ETA: if you go and hunt from the ground clear as many leaves as you can. I always forget to do that and then I can't move at all because the leaves are so loud when make the slightest adjustment.

Just throwing out thoughts.....

I'm kind of excited to hear what you see and maybe harvest !

:D

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
An acquaintance of mine has a skull from one he found dead on family farm a few years ago. It was around Reidsville and was a moose hammer......

BAR25-06

Six Pointer
Thats a cool area. My mother grew up in Madison/Mayodan. I really enjoyed visiting my old granny and my cousins there when i was a youngster.